corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My gls 1.8

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My gls 1.8
boomtings1

User status: Offline
26th Jul 14 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is my corsa b gls.

Its an x14xe with 1.8 crank, pistons and rods. VX inlet, 4-2-1 mani, ported head and 264 cams It was up for sale a few months ago as it wasnt running right on standard management and was loosing interest fast. But thought fuck it, and took the gotech standalone off of the nova. Fitted and mapped by myself with a wideband it runs perfect. Also got everything to work as standard, A/C, power steering, air bags, ABS and the standard clocks as the speedo works off of the abs.

Its only done 67k miles but the bodywork isnt brilliant, but i do 400+ miles a week in it so not too bothered.
With a F17 1.7 gearbox internals in the F15 box it does about 3200 rpm at 70mph With nearly 50mpg

[Edited on 04-08-2014 by willay]

[Edited on 04-08-2014 by willay]
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

1st Aug 14 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not your normal corsasport GSi rep, definately different.

where is the spoiler from?

putting the F17 internals into the F15 .... is this an easy mod? It appears to be a wider ratio if it dropps the revs at 70mph. Are the internals any stronger? Might have to do this to my GSi

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
SteveoBC
Premium Member

1st Aug 14 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks pretty neat and tidy

not a fan of the spoiler, and the exhaust sticks out too far for my liking, but apart from that not the usual engine swap, interesting
LukesCorsaSXi

1st Aug 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw you earlier mate at cineworld. I didn't even bother trying to get into cineworld it was so full!
3CorsaMeal

4th Aug 14 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do 1.8 pistons fit in the x14xe?

Genuine question.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Aug 14 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice
boomtings1

5th Aug 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by basslinecorsa
not your normal corsasport GSi rep, definately different.

where is the spoiler from?

putting the F17 internals into the F15 .... is this an easy mod? It appears to be a wider ratio if it dropps the revs at 70mph. Are the internals any stronger? Might have to do this to my GSi

The spoiler is just an ebay special, was expecting it to be as big but hey fitted it anyway.
The internals just fitted straight in, no mods at all. I did this as they are all hydraulic clutches so was easier to swat internals. The teeth in the gears are alot thicker also.
boomtings1

5th Aug 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
looks pretty neat and tidy

not a fan of the spoiler, and the exhaust sticks out too far for my liking, but apart from that not the usual engine swap, interesting

Dont worry about the exhaust, was just temporary, Its got a new system now
boomtings1

5th Aug 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
How do 1.8 pistons fit in the x14xe?

Genuine question.

Alot of work

I will go through it when i get time.
vx-scottw
Premium Member

6th Aug 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure is different
boss_astra

1st Sep 15 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i have an astra g x14xe and tinking about doing the same, can you give some tips? and about the co2 does it still pas a mot test, because in Portugal it will have to pass by one every single year, thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My gls 1.8 24 database queries in 0.0133791 seconds