corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery relocation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery relocation
Matty Gsi Rep

User status: Offline
16th Jul 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wanting to move my battery into the boot of my corsa b, I have a positive cable from a BMW, I know I need battery box, negative cable, I also want to use a isolator switch, anyone give me any advice on how to do this?

Thanks
jay.jay

16th Jul 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got mine relocated with an isolation switch, I've run the positive with an inline fuse straight to the isolation switch then the other terminal on the switch goes into the engine bay into a distribution block. The negative terminal I've earthed straight to the chassis in the boot with a nice thick cable. I've also run a separate fused permanent live for the ecu and Central locking unit. And I've used the original battery tray and bolted it to the floor in the boot If that makes sense lol it's just how I've done it but it works and is pretty straight forward
Ste
Premium Member

17th Jul 14 at 04:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need to vent the gas off the battery when it charges or you risk an explosion. A car battery gives of hydrogen as it charges and 4% concentration will turn your car into a bomb.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Matty Gsi Rep

19th Jul 14 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way to vent the battery?
jay.jay

19th Jul 14 at 04:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have 2 little holes in the top of the battery on the sides, they usually have a little red or black plastic pipe coming out of them which you just need to attach some vacuum hose or similar to, then lead this out the car somewhere, mine goes through the wiring grommet for the number plate light. It's right in the middle of the boot at the back
Matty Gsi Rep

19th Jul 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate, thanks
Generation

19th Jul 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seal off boot area taje grommets out if wheel well

New Poll