corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b battery relocation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b battery relocation
Joey 1.6 sport

User status: Offline
14th Dec 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just after some advice want to move my battery in side but wanted to know what's needed and how thanks
Mr-SEH

14th Dec 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=554008
Ste
Premium Member

14th Dec 11 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind, as a battery charges it produces toxic sulphur dioxide. The fumes, apart from killing you if you breathe them, are explosive so if anyone smokes in your car you run the risk of exploding. Oh, and battery acid will melt your skin if the battery comes loose during a crash etc.

I'd leave it outside tbh!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
beany113

14th Dec 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ste makes an excllent point! :L i think they look tidy in the engine bay aswell
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Dec 11 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or get the correct type of battery, which will also be lighter.
benton101

14th Dec 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get o proper battery like Ian said and put it in the boot in a battery box. Tidy, safe and not explosive!
Ste
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still don't know why you'd ever want to move it. Putting it in the boot just loses you boot space, means there is a fuck off big cable running through the car which has the potential to chafe and short out on the chassis. Cable needs to be thicker, therefore heavier, negating the weight saving of a motorsport battery to counteract voltage drop as you'll increse it's length by at least 10 times.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll