corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need help asap lol battery relocation need pics please to get ideas ????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help asap lol battery relocation need pics please to get ideas ????
gsiwannabe

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello there people. i was wondering if ne1 could tell me how to move my battery to my boot of my corsa ?? and if it is hard to do realy ?? iv got a c20xe in the corsa at the moment and i think it looks to cramped in the engine bay with the battery there so id like to move it to the boot. can ne1 help me ? and where is the best place to put it in the boot ? ne pictures would be great. cheers gary

[Edited on 18-05-2009 by gsiwannabe]
Matt H

18th May 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is urgent??? How exactly?
K3 VMU

18th May 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as comparethemeerkat.com would say; SIMPLES!!

Put battery in spare wheel well or beside it, run a wire from there to a distrubution point where all your positive wires go to currently, jus take earths to a point and earth battery to body work in boot, half hour job

Jon_C
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it where it is.
gsiwannabe

18th May 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it isnt urgent just would like my engine bay abit tidyer realy. il give that ago at weekend.
gsiwannabe

18th May 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na it to cramped in the bay wanna tidy it up abit well alot lol
sand-eel

18th May 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a distibution block and put the red wires that goes to the + on the battery and cut the terminals off and screw them into the distribution block (or however the design of it is) and run a power feed to that from the + of the battery now in the boot.
Take the a wire off the - of the battery and earth it in the boot somewhere.
Get the remaining negative wires that are in the front and earth them somewhere in the engine bay might need another distribution block.
Also get a proper battery box because if you crash you might get battery acid all over the place and on your face and in your eyes.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, spare wheel well looks tidy. Edit your title to include battery relocation pic request or the like, get an idea off other people on here.
sand-eel

18th May 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually on corsas the + is black i'm sure
ramecroft1

18th May 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly off topic, does anybody have pictures of a nova with a really smooth engine bay? I think it was a beige colour?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ramecroft1
Slightly off topic, does anybody have pictures of a nova with a really smooth engine bay? I think it was a beige colour?

Slightly?
ramecroft1

18th May 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it involves moving parts from the engine bay elsewhere and doesnt seem 'new thread material'
DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ask for pics of it in a thread mate, more chance of people seeing it and replying, they were posted on here a while back so someone will have them

New Poll