corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » replica watches

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replica watches
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 14 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im coming home from turkey tomorrow morning and im off in town soon to do the genuine fakes trip for peoples presents. I currently own a submarniner date (real) and I was thinking I want a new watch. December im buying a aviator for a xmas present for myself. But has anyone had a fake watch? Do they last? Am I more of a pikey because I got a snide watch?
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the point of getting a watch pretending it's something it's not? You're going to feel like a dick every time people comment on it.

You get nice looking watches in every price range, so why not get a cheap watch that's not a knock off?

johnny86
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completely understand what your saying 7f people asked me if it was fake I wouldnt lie. I have a nice watch watch worth 7k but some of these watches out here are nice
Brett
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asking on the wrong forum here, not gonna go well.

You can get reps where you wouldn't know the difference at all until you opened them up for a closer look.
Russ

11th Jul 14 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa Sport. The land of m3's and rolex
AlunJ

11th Jul 14 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a replica seamaster, it's a pretty good copy tbh, just the mechanism is a load of balls. Quite a good forum to look at is http://www.rwg.bz
alan-g-w

11th Jul 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst 'I've got a £7k watch' thread ever

[Edited on 11-07-2014 by alan-g-w]
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
You can get reps where you wouldn't know the difference at all until you opened them up for a closer look.
But again, what's the point?

You could easily change the appearance of a 318 to look exactly like an M3 until you opened it up for a closer look, but just like the fake rolex I'd think the owner was a tool and frankly a bit sad.

Like I say, you don't have to spend £1000's on a watch. On the contrary, I think buying a cheap watch makes a lot of sense. But why buy one that pretends to be more expensive than it is?

sc0ott

11th Jul 14 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos going to know if its real or fake?
Dom

11th Jul 14 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
But why buy one that pretends to be more expensive than it is?

So you'd rule out homage watches like the Getat then?

Edit - Personally i don't see the issue with getting a homage with a decent movement; 'fakes' on the other hand, i'm not sure - majority aren't particularly good quality and they tend to come with cack movements.

[Edited on 11-07-2014 by Dom]
Brett
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
But again, what's the point?

You could easily change the appearance of a 318 to look exactly like an M3 until you opened it up for a closer look, but just like the fake rolex I'd think the owner was a tool and frankly a bit sad.

Like I say, you don't have to spend £1000's on a watch. On the contrary, I think buying a cheap watch makes a lot of sense. But why buy one that pretends to be more expensive than it is?

What's the point in moaning about people who choose to do such things?

[Edited on 11-07-2014 by Brett]
John

11th Jul 14 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get a replica of high enough quality to be unable to tell the difference, you might as well buy the real thing.

People can do what they want though, of course.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

False economy, most fakes I've seen are shocking quality. One year someone gave me a fake Tag as abit of a jokey present in a proper Tag box and everything - I was told straight away it was fake so I gave it to a mate of mine who doesn't mind wearing fake shit, the watch was so badly made it couldn't even keep time
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
So you'd rule out homage watches like the Getat then?
Don't know if I'm ruling anything out, I just don't see the appeal.

I realise it's sort of a blurry line between fake, replica, homage and inspired and I'm not going to try and draw it more clearly.

I don't really get the point of an homage either, no. The whole mentality behind thinking someone else did a great design and then doing the exact same thing just rubs me the wrong way and isn't something I'd want to get behind.

I bought a £50 Fossil watch in London last summer because I thought it looked nice.
Buying a £50 watch (or whatever a fake/homage/etc will set you back) because it looks exactly like a £xxxx watch is just strange, to me.

Again, not saying it's not allowed, just saying I don't get it.

Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What's the point in moaning about people who choose to do such things?
Hold on, I wasn't moaning, just answering the guys question.

R Lee

11th Jul 14 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purely for the shits and giggles factor, I love buying stuff like this!
I don't kid myself, I know what I'm buying.

Whenever people go abroad, I'll cheekily ask them to bring the tackiest fake back for me
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a guy that buys fakes but has the real thing, wears the fake to not damage the real one. Its a crazy world out there.
taylorboosh

11th Jul 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im bringing myself a fair few boss, lacoste ect tops home - dont see the issue at all
DaveyLC

11th Jul 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
False economy, most fakes I've seen are shocking quality. One year someone gave me a fake Tag as abit of a jokey present in a proper Tag box and everything - I was told straight away it was fake so I gave it to a mate of mine who doesn't mind wearing fake shit, the watch was so badly made it couldn't even keep time

I'll have to show you mine Willay

I collect sports watches, real and rep!

I've got some Rolex Replicas that you'd be hard pushed to spot the flaws without opening the case.. They Run ETA 2836-2/2824-2 movements which are the same BHP as the real thing (i.e. second hand sweeps at the same 'rate').

Here's a moody Explorer II that would set you back around £300..

Why do I collect replicas too? Well you've got to be some kind of fucking idiot to wear £4-10k watch on your wrist on a daily basis and the right watch is an investment!

Its not just Rolex & Omega that can be an investment I recently bought couple of Hamilton models (a few years back they started making decent automatic watches again) the first few NEW models they made were pretty special and in limited runs plus the price reasonable, they are already going up in value.

You wont make loads of money but hey what else can you collect that will eventually turn a slight profit in years to come?
John

11th Jul 14 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I said in another thread that at least some of your Rolex collection was fake.

Don't have to be an idiot to wear an expensive watch daily either, unless you're doing some manual job where it's most likely going to get damaged.
DaveyLC

11th Jul 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it depends on what you can afford to lose I suppose I'm not a poor man but losing £4k would piss me off..
John

11th Jul 14 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also no point having it and never wearing it. Unless you've bought it solely as an investment and aren't really into wearing them. In that case it would sit unopened in the box.
DaveyLC

11th Jul 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you've never 'treasured' anything before?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Jul 14 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

collecting replicates eh, still full of suprises Dave
Mad Moe

11th Jul 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Also no point having it and never wearing it. Unless you've bought it solely as an investment and aren't really into wearing them. In that case it would sit unopened in the box.

Totally agree with this, I treated myself to a nice Omega and have wore it pretty much everyday for the last 3 years, really don't get the point in buying a watch and not wearing it, unless you have a manual type job as mentioned.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » replica watches 23 database queries in 0.1041758 seconds