corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20let vacume hoses ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20let vacume hoses ...
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
6th Jul 14 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, needing some help with my vacume hoses.

I have an aftermarket turbo and manifold on my let. But im struggling to work out the vacume hoses?

I also have a Manuel boost controller I need to vacume in.

Basically I have one line coming from throttle bodie to a T piece, and one goes to bailey dump valve and one goes to SyTec FPR. Then the one on the ecu to side of throttle bodie.

But I bought all red hoses and it came with one that went into rocker cover and then to Amal valve then to turbo and actuator but I can't use that now as my turbo if different and I won't use the Amal valve as I have controller to adjust boost instead? So do you know how my vacume lines will go instead for turbo? External wastegate has two vacume ports?
Generation

6th Jul 14 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how we decided to do mine

Start at the FPR, run a vac from the FPR's vac port to a t-piece. From that t-piece run one vac to the left hand side front vac port on throttle body. The other port left on the t-piece will be used to run a vac to the port on the dump valve once that's fitted.

Now take the vac pipe that comes into the bay with the loom from the ecu. Pull the black end piece off, don't bin it as we might need it later.. Put a new vac onto the end of that ecu vac pipe (perhaps chase it back a bit so it goes into the bulkhead and can't see the black stuff anymore). Run that vac to a new t-piece. One port of this t-piece you need to connect a vac to and run it to the vac port on the side of the throttle body at the back. The other port of the t-piece is to feed the boost gauge, so grab that white/clear hose that we plumbed through to the bay from the gauge, and stick it on the t-piece.

You'll probably notice at this point there is nothing running from the front right vac port on the throttle body (the larger one) ideally this needs blocking off (it would normally run to the fuel tank vent valve (thing on the right of the inlet manifold) up to you how you handle this, I don't think the vac hose will fit over it... We may have to get creative, but yeh needs blocking off.

Now onto the wastegate and boost controller. Ideally pick a place where you want to fix the boost controller to first, so you know what length these hoses will be. Once you've sorted that, grab the new black hard vac hose that you bought. Be careful cutting this as if you pinch it with cutters it won't be round and it won't seat in the push-in ports properly. Anyway, that aside, you need to run a black hose from the turbo boost reference port (on the turbo) up to the right hand side of the boost controller. You won't be able to just fit the black pipe into the boost controller though, you need to cut a length of red hose to mate the black pipe to the boost controller barbs (this will have to be done on both sides). The other side of the boost controller needs to be run to the BOTTOM port of the Wastegate. That's the port nearest the manifold/flange.

Once that's done, all you should have left is the TOP port of the Wastegate, this vents to atmosphere so doesn't need to go anywhere, but it's recommended you run a hose from it and just cable tie it facing downwards so no dirt/grit/water can get into the Wastegate.
Aidan-Fleming

6th Jul 14 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks VERY much for your help!! Much appreciated!! But I'm sure my turbo doesn't have a port for a vac line?
Generation

6th Jul 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure which one you're using mate. But hopefully gets most of it sorted. Information was very hard to find when was doing mine
Aidan-Fleming

6th Jul 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a Chinese turbo for the moment. While I save for a Garrett. Yeah I've searched and searched!!
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 14 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill and tap one
Aidan-Fleming

6th Jul 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Into where Nic?
Aidan-Fleming

7th Jul 14 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was your corsa running generation?