corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C and the CD30

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C and the CD30
rozzaxw1

User status: Offline
21st Jun 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all.

My Wife has a Corsa C 2006 with a CD30 stereo, she wants one with an ipod connector which I have from her old car.
I cannot see in any of the documents that came with the car a radio code.. then I read that it is linked to the ECU..

Can someone clarify if it should have a code or is it linked to the ECU, and if this is the case, when I remove it, and put in an aftermarket unit. will it still accept the CD30 when I come to sell the car so I can put it back to stock?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a while since I changed a radio in a C, but I'm pretty sure it's both.

From my knowledge, changing from one OEM radio to another OEM radio will require changes in the ECU as well as typing in a code.

If you don't have the code for your current radio, you can't unplug it and put i bag in.
Code should be in the service book, btw.

New Poll