corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday Day:Anyone been to disneyworld florida?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holiday Day:Anyone been to disneyworld florida?
fred7

User status: Offline
26th May 14 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again seen the enclave looked decent but a little run down in the proper pictures from guest on trip advisor
Ben G

26th May 14 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
Ponderosa breakfasts!

Ponderosa steakhouse I remember that dinner very fondly. Amazing.
Ben G

26th May 14 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Check for independent flights/hotel/car, might save a few quid. Really no benefit to a package in Orlando IMO.

If you don't pack a coat it won't kill you, I'd class evenings
as hoodie/long sleeved shirt.

It should be drier for you too, problem with summer is the bidaily monsoon

I also remember the drive from airport to villa very fondly. We got caught in one of these monsoons and had to pull over and wait for it to clear never seen so much rain in such little time.
Dave

26th May 14 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were driving to the beach one day and drove into one of those. It was weird, there was a very definite line between where it was raining and where it wasn't, like there was a huge shower head in the sky.

On a food related note, I'd kill for a Wendy's burger!
JayCarr

26th May 14 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went in March this year for 2 weeks. We booked everything separately ourselves, flights through Virgin, villa through VR360 homes, tickets through folridatix and hire car through budget. Our villa was in a gated community in kissimmee and was really big with heated pool, pool table etc. Will definately stay in the same villa again. Much prefer being in a villa than a hotel.

This was our villa and car:

We took our 2 and a half year old and he loved it! Seeing Mickey Mouse, lightning McQueen all the animals etc. animal kingdom was pretty poor, didn't really see any animals, magic kingdom was really good and the night show was cool too.

Seaworld and Busch gardens were the 2 best parks we went to, you should definately go there.

We also went to the opening Indycar race of the year at St.Petersburg which was pretty awesome!
Cavey

26th May 14 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
We were driving to the beach one day and drove into one of those. It was weird, there was a very definite line between where it was raining and where it wasn't, like there was a huge shower head in the sky.

On a food related note, I'd kill for a Wendy's burger!

We got caught in a monsoon at Sea World, left the park, fine, nice weather, got on the tram to the car park and the heavens opened, never seen an electrical storm like it, was amazing.
fred7

26th May 14 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks jaycarr, busch Gardens was ok then with a little 1?
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Again seen the enclave looked decent but a little run down in the proper pictures from guest on trip advisor

I stopped in Enclave last year, it's location makes up for pretty much all of its downsides. The Pool is a non-feature and it's a bit tatty, but no sign of cockroaches

I see all your monsoons, and raise you a hurricane. I was there when Hurricane Charley hit (2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley

Unbelievably all the parks were open the following day, even though homes/roads/businesses were destroyed

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr
animal kingdom was pretty poor, didn't really see any animals!

Never heard that before, how did you manage not to see any animals?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with the enclaves pool?
JayCarr

26th May 14 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Because to see any animals you have to queue up for the safari ride which had a 2 and a half hour waiting time. Was the busiest of anywhere we went too. Left after a few hours.

Fred7, he loved Busch gardens, so many animals to see and a steam train going round the park. Although I think sea world was his favourite watching the shows etc.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
whats wrong with the enclaves pool?

As I said, just a bit of a non-feature compared to some of the other Hotels around Orlando. I don't go to Orlando to go in a pool though so it doesn't bother me, but I know for some people (particularly with kids) a pool can be quite an important feature.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Because to see any animals you have to queue up for the safari ride which had a 2 and a half hour waiting time. Was the busiest of anywhere we went too. Left after a few hours.

Fred7, he loved Busch gardens, so many animals to see and a steam train going round the park. Although I think sea world was his favourite watching the shows etc.

Oh so you went at a bad time, fair enough. Any of the parks can be "the worst park in Florida" if you go at a bad time - as heavy queues for the headline stuff can ruin the day. There are loads of animals outside of the actual Safari though, in fact - I nearly hit an armadillo in the carpark

A good tip for BG is avoiding the shuttle services (even though some of them are inclusive of your ticket and/or accommodation) and drive there yourself. Most of the shuttles from Orlando arrive about 90mins into the park being open - so you can nail all the big rides without queuing if you arrive for opening time. BG gets the award for best rollercoasters I reckon, but the animals/zoo part of it is excellent too.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
fred7

26th May 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good tip kyle didnt think about all the shuttles getting at same sort of time and after its opened. Thomson not been open today so will have to wait until thursday at earliest now
Ben G

26th May 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd recommend a day at typhoon lagoon/blizzard beach for a rest day.

Probably not too bad if you have a little kid, but the 2nd time we went, I was a teenager and my brother and I wanted a rest after constant walking around theme parks.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wet n wild is better than both of them

but they are nicer to look at
fred7

26th May 14 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think typhoon lagoon will be closed by november from what ive seen
taylorboosh

26th May 14 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would recommend the harry potter ride and a glass of butter beer
fred7

26th May 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butter beer wtf is that? Wife keeps asking for me to take her to the uk 1 so will have to try and squeeze it in
Brett
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's what they drink in Harry Potter. Can get it at the UK tour one also. Does taste nice tbf, plus you get a nice plastic mug to keep

[Edited on 26-05-2014 by Brett]
taylorboosh

26th May 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but costs like $9 lol nice though
Brett
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC you get free refills tho?
fred7

26th May 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen a few places say if u buy a mug u get free refills?
Brett
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Universal IIRC if you buy one of the daft cups (was a transformer head when I went iirc) you get free refills around the park.
taylorboosh

26th May 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yea but you really wouldn't want more than one butter beer, its sickly
jacko198

26th May 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.holidaypirates.com/holidaypackages/14-nights-florida-incl-flights-good-3-star-hotel-rental-car-for-only-gbp-516

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday Day:Anyone been to disneyworld florida? 23 database queries in 0.0168610 seconds