corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v lean running problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v lean running problem
aj80

User status: Offline
4th May 14 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering if any one has had this problem before and if there is a fuel/air mixture screw anywhere at all if not what is the symptom. Ive noticed a few things to point at this when i checked my plugs they were sooted up and there is a lot of soot sitting in the exhaust and tends to use more than normal fuel spoke to a few lads with the same engine and there's have alot better per gallon return compared to mine can anyone help on this one wud greatly appreciate help thanks in advance
corsajay88

4th May 14 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not running lean then it's running rich. Coolant temperature sensor a good shout
aj80

4th May 14 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. The eml does only come on when the engine is hot and when you turn the engine off for a few mins the light goes out but re appears a few miles down the road
johnhara1

7th May 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When was the last time the air filter was changed? If it's blocked, you'll get less air so it'll run rich.

But, i'd also change the CTS.
gav93

8th May 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most likely the CTs but id give it a service it wont cost much especially on the 8v's
aj80

8th May 14 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My air filter was done a few weeks ago and could the lamba sensor cause this problem at all and will.be changing the cts this weekend to eliminate it aswell as the plugs as they need doin aswell

[Edited on 08-05-2014 by aj80]
aj80

16th May 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So ive changed the cts and it seems to have done the trick thanks for the help guys

New Poll