corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd May 14 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of info here.

First game since MW2 that intrigues me the slightest.

The sci-fi elements (all of which sound somewhat Crysis inspired) is the sort of thing that could liven up the stale gameplay.

[Edited on 05-11-2014 by Balling]

Dom

2nd May 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly looks like it could be pretty decent and reminds me of Battlefield 2142 quite a lot and that was damn good. Although i'm still surprised they're unable to produce decent motion in animations/cut-scenes - Kevin Spacey looks awful
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're going to wrong way imo, I really think they need to go back to their roots and do WW1/2 or Vietnam or something along those lines. It looks 'nice' graphics wise I suppose. Gameplay will be exactly the same, as it has been for the last 8 years. I actually like playing the campaign more these days than CoD MP.
Mattb

3rd May 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks quite good actually... although i suspect it will suffer from the same issue most FPS games have these days.. and thats a single player campaign that takes only a few hours to complete
Balling
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They're going to wrong way imo, I really think they need to go back to their roots and do WW1/2 or Vietnam or something along those lines. It looks 'nice' graphics wise I suppose. Gameplay will be exactly the same, as it has been for the last 8 years. I actually like playing the campaign more these days than CoD MP.
Don't necessarily agree that they need to go back in terms of setting, but in terms of gameplay they certainly do.
If they made MP as "simple" as COD4 or even MW2 and kept it in a near future setting, that would be a pretty cool recipe, imo.

AW is being made by a new COD developer, so I hope they take the chance to put their own mark on it.

The COD campaigns have always been way, way, way too linear for my taste. The first two were good, though.

Incidentally I've just been playing Ghosts on PS4 (free MP trial weekend) and it's a bit of a disaster in terms of performance. This needs to be better in AW.

Balling
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
although i suspect it will suffer from the same issue most FPS games have these days.. and thats a single player campaign that takes only a few hours to complete
Sounds like you haven't been playing anything but BF and COD.

And yes, AW will have a short and probably mediocre campaign, but that's never going to be the main focus of this franchise.

Chrissy
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Looking at this trailer the gameplay looks like it could be different to previous CODs. If they introduce "futuristic" dynamics such as double jumps and clinging to walls then that could vastly change the dynamics of the game; for the better IMO. Could end up being somewhat like Titanfall which seems to have got excellent reviews.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Brett
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Climbing walls will be single player only and in a linear fashion like 'tap X to climb' here.
Balling
Premium Member

3rd May 14 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I might fear. That all the new features are QTE in the campaign only.

Hope it doesn't end up being the case.

Y869 SRA

4th May 14 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks shite. Don't like the futuristic way its going.
Russ

4th May 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the trailer it might aswell be called CoD:Halo Crysis 2142
Aleex

6th May 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks terrible.

i hate all this modern bs.

either go back and make another WW2 .. or make one based on todays warfare technology etc
Brett
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
from the trailer it might aswell be called CoD:Halo Crysis 2142
Chrissy
Premium Member

6th May 14 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They really can't win though. Release a futuristic one and have everyone say "I hate all this sci-fi bollocks". But make a WW2 or present day CoD and everyone will be saying "Same regurgitated game that's the same every year."

>>>> Chris <<<<

Aleex

7th May 14 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been future for the past few years so disagreee...
Balling
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/bj3-RsyJKfA

Base gameplay is going to be exactly the same as ever then, but with a lot more of... everything.

Chrissy
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
http://youtu.be/bj3-RsyJKfA

Base gameplay is going to be exactly the same as ever then, but with a lot more of... everything.

Do you mean by the fact it's in first person and you're shooting at people?

The movement and map layout will make it extremely different imo.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Balling
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Do you mean by the fact it's in first person and you're shooting at people?.
Perk system, customisation system and gameplay style (run and gun) is basically the same, but with added lasers and higher jumps.

Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, btw, as I like the core gameplay of CoD and enjoy a more casual "pick up and play" approach from time to time.

Looks like they're trying to appeal to the gamers who like the look and style of Destiny, but are looking for a more accessible experience.

Chrissy
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think the "arcadey" feel is what makes CoD so fun. I like that they've gone back to the BO2 class system with the "Pick 13". The amount of customisation options can only be a good thing for the longevity of the game too.

I'm infinitely more interested in this game than I was for Ghosts this time last year.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Robbo

12th Aug 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Vietnam war game would be amazing, but the Yanks will never do it as they lost.....
mwg

12th Aug 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a Vietnam add on you could buy in Battlefield Bad Company 2
Y869 SRA

12th Aug 14 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw the reveal last night. Really didn't like what I was seeing. Will probably still buy it though
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder why there isn't many Vietnam games made
MoesTavern

12th Aug 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
A Vietnam war game would be amazing, but the Yanks will never do it as they lost.....

Eh? There's plenty of Vietnam games
Wrighty

13th Aug 14 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks really good, as trailers always do. will it play out anything like that in real life? will it fcuk. If its balanced anything like ghosts youl be dead in 3 hits from any gun- complete BS

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll