corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Jambo

User status: Offline
13th Aug 14 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dont get why they keep remaking the same game over and over.

Just bell George Lucas and ask him to allow the merchanidising of the Star Wars franchise (he says yes to everything)

Make lightsabers happen.... Que the greatest game ever released.

It just looks the same as any other COD game.
Balling
Premium Member

14th Aug 14 at 06:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I just dont get why they keep remaking the same game over and over.
That's how most game franchises work though, unfortunately.
Stick to a well known and liked formula, then tweak visuals and details, without changing core gameplay.

Can't think of a single franchise that reinvents itself with each new game.

Granted, games like CoD, Battlefield and any sports game ever are slightly worse with their annual releases, but they're still usually among the best selling titles.

Jambo

14th Aug 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's possible to keep the core gameplay but at least try to make it different. Black ops and black ops2 although supposed to be years apart where basically the same game. As was Mw3. At least when they snuck in a WW2 one it was drastically different to the previous titles. Just seems like they cannot be bothered or don't want to change it at all because it's proven to sell... For now that is.

Battlefield is an example as to how a similar game can be drastically different.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Aug 14 at 05:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At least when they snuck in a WW2 one it was drastically different to the previous titles. Just seems like they cannot be bothered or don't want to change it at all because it's proven to sell... For now that is.
Sorry James, but I'm not really following you here.

When have they "snuck in" a WW2 game? All the games were WW2 up until CoD4. Then came WaW, which was in development since before CoD4 was released and was essentially a sequel to CoD3.

I also don't really agree that WW2 vs. modern has much impact on the core gameplay. CoD4 and WaW were essentially the exact same game with different skins.

Agree with your last bit, they're sticking to what works/what they know. People are creatures of habit. Change their favourite gaming franchise too much and they'll migrate to something more stable.
quote:
Originally posted by Y869 SRA
Saw the reveal last night. Really didn't like what I was seeing. Will probably still buy it though
Case in point. With attitudes like this, why would they ever bother changing it too much?

Y869 SRA

15th Aug 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
At least when they snuck in a WW2 one it was drastically different to the previous titles. Just seems like they cannot be bothered or don't want to change it at all because it's proven to sell... For now that is.
Sorry James, but I'm not really following you here.

When have they "snuck in" a WW2 game? All the games were WW2 up until CoD4. Then came WaW, which was in development since before CoD4 was released and was essentially a sequel to CoD3.

I also don't really agree that WW2 vs. modern has much impact on the core gameplay. CoD4 and WaW were essentially the exact same game with different skins.

Agree with your last bit, they're sticking to what works/what they know. People are creatures of habit. Change their favourite gaming franchise too much and they'll migrate to something more stable.
quote:
Originally posted by Y869 SRA
Saw the reveal last night. Really didn't like what I was seeing. Will probably still buy it though
Case in point. With attitudes like this, why would they ever bother changing it too much?

The reason I don't like what I saw is that its too sci fi for me. CoD4 MW is still my fav of the lot and probably always will be.
Jambo

16th Aug 14 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex,

You are right. I forgot about the older ones. I had the first one on PC, then the next instalment I got was COD4/MW. This is because I got it on Xbox and didn't bother playing PC games any more. So always see the fourth as the first if you get me. The Infinity Ward games play very differently to the other house who design them (can't remember name ) WAW was the most arcade feeling one and IMO the best for te console games, maps where fantastic also. Lacks some of the options and perks of later indtallments but it didn't need them to be fun.

I just think they need to make a Star Wars one and be quick about it. That's my basic complaint
Balling
Premium Member

16th Aug 14 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure Dice are making a Star Wars game based on the Battlefield formula.

Edit: Yup. http://youtu.be/2yKv45X_OIo

[Edited on 16-08-2014 by Balling]

Jambo

16th Aug 14 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HOLY FUCKING BAT SHIT SPIDERMAN
Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cod 3 is the best so far by a long way
Chrissy
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The core COD mechanics have been the same forever. You run around with guns and grenades shooting people. Perks, scorestreaks, maps, etc are all just a skin on the core gameplay.

This game changes the core mechanics slightly for the first time in the series imo giving you the ability to double jump and boost around. It lifts the game off the ground, makes it more vertical.

I also love the look of the new Uplink game mode. I know something like it has been in Halo in the past but I never played that series.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Cavey

17th Aug 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically it's going to be Unreal Tournament with perks?
Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double jumps, double drops, double lolz, etc can all fuck off don't interest me at all
Dom

17th Aug 14 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Cod 3 is the best so far by a long way

Really? I would have said COD 4 was the best release, it was simple and straight to the point unlike the recent versions.

[Edited on 17-08-2014 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD3 was as simple too, I preferred the ww2 setting and the multiplayer maps were more of a laugh imo
Chrissy
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel like people who slate all the new stuff they try and implement are the same people who call the game boring if they keep the status quo.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Jambo

17th Aug 14 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WAW was my favourite.

Or COD1, as single player was fantastic
Steve
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone remember the Medal of Honours, Allied Assault was awesome
Russ

17th Aug 14 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cod 2 & 4 were my favourite, they were just simple.
Ojc

17th Aug 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cod3 was great me and Steve played it years after everyone stopped. Jumping around on roofs
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roofs?
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 14 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cod 2 was the best..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-jnwsTtxI&list=UUvs2B8q5uxdNUZp3auZq_sg
p

17th Aug 14 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some have said, I love the proper old war type games. Think medal of honour did some great ones!
Cole

18th Aug 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as much as I hate to say it I agree with steve cod3 was awesome back in the day good old eder dam map on multi player none of this perk this add on that just 5 classes and away you went I used to spend hours playing it. Next one for me is waw then 3 blops1 was ok the rest were erm not that much fun tbh never got into 4 due to forza
cunningham

18th Aug 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD United Offensive was for me the best COD.
Ojc

19th Aug 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cod3 r u ok lol me ok brb

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll