corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EML Lambda problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EML Lambda problem
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Apr 14 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a problem for ages with the EML being on ever since I changed my manifold from a mild steel ashley to a stainless toyo sport.

the position of the sensor on the new manifold meant the wire was stretched and fouled the fan. the wire eventually broke

so it was replaced with a new sensor and relocated to the downpipe but Im still getting the light on saying below threshold

any ideas?
--ToM--

28th Apr 14 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you clear code how long does it take to reappear ? What new sensor did u fit? Bosch or shit copy thing? When you say relocated to the down pipe do you mean it's had a new hole cut into the system for the sensor to fit in and the old one blanked up?

[Edited on 28-04-2014 by --ToM--]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 05:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly that tom.

im not sure what brank it was. wasnt a cheap nasty one and it wasnt gm

ndk?????

usually stays off for 3-7 days
--ToM--

29th Apr 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my gsi I had a full miltek from turbo back that still had holes for the sensor and every so often because it had no cats it threw the light on because obviously the sensor wasn't getting the readings it required I just turned it off every time, have you tried new sensor in the original hole or won't it reach now? Possibly extend wires? Only thing I can think of it that because you have moved it further down the system it's no longer in the correct position to get the readings it needs to keep it within its threshold but I doubt that would make a light come on only other thing I can think of is with it being stainless is it affecting the temps?
--ToM--

29th Apr 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it the best option will be to look on eBay you can get a little spacer it has a male end on it that bolts into your manifold and a female end for your sensor to bolt into and it's about an inch long what it does is moves your sensor away from the direct flow of exhaust gases in theory not throwing the light on any more don't think you will get a fix any other way as it's been modified from standard hasn't it, there only about 15 quid mate
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 14 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the exact code? Are you still running a cat?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had it in the hole on the manifold but when the fan kicks in it catches the sensor. fitted a 90 degree extender and it ran like crap.

Ian i think its p0240. I have a cat but again its been moved to the downpipe
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 14 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll