corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe
Cavey

User status: Offline
10th Apr 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume he's on about Perry Groves' view on the match last night.

Which was that Moyes should of changed the tactics after they'd gone a goal in front. Which is valid, but the 22 seconds of football that was played, no matter what he had said wouldn't of changed anything. He suggested they should of just got the play slowed down, that Valencia and Rooney/Kagawa should of immediately dropped deeper to give the midfield, and full backs extra cover and try to stop Robben/Ribery from working with the ball. Evra was shot after the 2 quick goals too, and especially when he got a silly yellow card, he couldn't risk tackling Robben, hence letting him walk infield onto his left foot without even thinking of making a tackle

Also agree with him about Fletcher at 0-1 and 1-1. He was knackered, should/could of changed it up and brought on Giggs to replace him.

The best managers are pro-active, not reactive (cliché)

Can slag off talksport all you want, but they do have valid points a lot of the time.

Not intending to slag off Moyes at all, as I don't think there's much he can do with what he's got there, but doesn't mean he can't be criticised
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all live in a perry groves world!
Cavey

10th Apr 14 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Saw that in a charity shop in Derby for a quid, decided it was too much and left it on the shelf
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I assume he's on about Perry Groves' view on the match last night.

Which was that Moyes should of changed the tactics after they'd gone a goal in front. Which is valid, but the 22 seconds of football that was played, no matter what he had said wouldn't of changed anything. He suggested they should of just got the play slowed down, that Valencia and Rooney/Kagawa should of immediately dropped deeper to give the midfield, and full backs extra cover and try to stop Robben/Ribery from working with the ball. Evra was shot after the 2 quick goals too, and especially when he got a silly yellow card, he couldn't risk tackling Robben, hence letting him walk infield onto his left foot without even thinking of making a tackle

Also agree with him about Fletcher at 0-1 and 1-1. He was knackered, should/could of changed it up and brought on Giggs to replace him.

The best managers are pro-active, not reactive (cliché)

Can slag off talksport all you want, but they do have valid points a lot of the time.

Not intending to slag off Moyes at all, as I don't think there's much he can do with what he's got there, but doesn't mean he can't be criticised

Tactics are absolutely meaningless in the 22 seconds after a goal, which is widely accepted as your most vulnerable period - especially when you're the underdog and the better team gets a proverbial kick up the arse.

I personally think TalkSport is a pile of shite and the folk they have on it are clueless but each to their own.
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:

Saw that in a charity shop in Derby for a quid, decided it was too much and left it on the shelf
Legend
Ben J

10th Apr 14 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. 1 "Perry Groves"
No. 2 "Perry Groves"
No. 3 "Perry Groves"
No. 4 "Perry Groves"

etc.

Eck
Premium Member

10th Apr 14 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
theres a diff between booing and creating an atmosphere... i havent heard any booing either (asuide from liverpool/city perhaps) but the atmosphere has been noticeably poor all season long

This. Doesn't have to be boos, but there is a noticeable tension whenever I've been watching from my armchair. My guess is folk who've bought tickets expecting to cheer goal after goal.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe 23 database queries in 0.0105720 seconds