corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EML On & Off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EML On & Off
Camo

User status: Offline
8th Apr 14 at 04:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an x16xe, eml comes on now and again and the car runs lumpy, eml only seems to come on when the car is heated up and when u go up the revs, done the paper clip test and came back with egr fault, have been using the search feature on here an it seems 2 be a mixed results in regards to blanking the egr valve, ie blanking it off and leaving it connected, is it better 2 blank it off or just replace the egr with a new 1, i know these arent the easiest 2 get 2 so i dont want 2 be stripping more times than enuff 2 replace the egr valve
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Apr 14 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will still get an eml if your blank it off

if i was on the motorway and coasted down from 70 it would come on. I had a mantzel though so it may have been down to that.

egr's arent cheap though. so i'd suggest taking yours off and giving it a clean with carb cleaner
Ricky352

8th Apr 14 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine got the odd EML after it being blanked off, but the engine also had a few performance parts.
Camo

9th Apr 14 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See it cuts out now once it's warmed up and driving at steady speed, I come 2 stop it cuts out, cheapest I can get a new egr is £81 so not 2 bad for a replacement if mine is done.

Need 2 get the Hayes manual out and start stripping
Alexgray

27th Jun 14 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines having the same issue eml comes on and car splutters then when I come to a stop the car will cut out ice changed the egr,crank sensor,icv, and redone the wire because it's coming up with fuel injection circuit or circuits on fault reader :/

New Poll