corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EGR problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EGR problem
pj.b

User status: Offline
26th Feb 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just blanked off the EGR on my 14xe, throttle response is way better. Have kept it plugged in though to stop the EM light coming on. however, after around 30 minutes the EM light does come on. Read the code, and its coming up as 0400 EGR gas recirculation error, or gas pressure error (or wahtever it was. basically its saying its getting no signal to the ECU in respect to the flow of gasses. I have never heard of anyone else having this problem when blanking, is there any way i can loop/cross the wiring plug to fool the ECU into thinking the EGR is working as it should?
Alan-16V

26th Feb 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this on mine. all i do is quickly switch the ignition off and on again when the light comes on
vxmechanic

26th Feb 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt any way i have heard off to stop the EML comeing on but as the EGR is not passing any gas the EML will come on nether the less just blank the EML light out or take the bulb out if its bothering you
Mikey_j

26th Feb 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does it aswell. It only happens when decellerating from 55ish mph. Does'nt bother me tbh as i know theres nothing wrong with the car
barneykarl

26th Feb 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep egr is a pain mine comes on sometimes when coming of the gas from high speed also, but I ignore it or switch off engine at lights etc to clear it , it comes on less now than it use to , whats needed is someone to make up a black box gizmo to fool the ecu that all is well and bin the egr altogether and I might see if this can be done I,m sure a friend of mine could sort it , other than that mine runs great
pj.b

26th Feb 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep that's what I was hoping for, something to fool the ECU into thinking the EGR is all present and correct. I also noticed that pushing in the solenoid (on the EGR) makes the engine stutter, wonder what it's telling the ECU when that happens? Is it the actual exhaust gasses passing through that make the car not as responsive, or is it that when the gasses pass through, the EGR tells the ECU and in turn it changes the timing/fuelling slightly? In which case, should the EGR solenoid be pushed in permanently or left out for best performance?

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by pj.b]
john_c20xe

27th Feb 09 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vxmechanic
there isnt any way i have heard off to stop the EML comeing on but as the EGR is not passing any gas the EML will come on nether the less just blank the EML light out or take the bulb out if its bothering you

take the bulb out, your a very worying person lol
pj.b

27th Feb 09 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a 'worrying' thing, I'm interested in finding out exactly what the EGR is saying to the ECU and what the ECU is doing to the fuelling in response etc

New Poll