corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Topic - Sponsored By Being Obligatory Late Again

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Topic - Sponsored By Being Obligatory Late Again
Hammer

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 14 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xavi could keep a beachball off a group of guys in a phonebox. You give him the ball, he keeps it and then he passes it to a team mate. He completed over 100 passes tonight - the ultimate continuity midfielder, every successful side in history has had one.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People keep saying Xavi is nearing retirement age, but he doesn't need pace or huge amounts of stamina to do what he does. As long as he doesn't go blind, or lose a leg, he can continue on for years to come. Just like Pirlo.
mwg

24th Mar 14 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like Paul Scholes.
Marc

24th Mar 14 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly put that lol
Robbo

24th Mar 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Ben J and oROBo missing in action??
sorry mate, was out all weekend then was busy this morning sorting out semi final tickets for my mates and I

Shocking stuff. Ref should consider himself extremely lucky if he ever referees a match again, AMAZED the league of black lawyers havent picked up on it as its an unbelievably racist thing to do IMO. Would not have sent off the wrong white guy in the situation. Sounds like we are appealing for both suspensions to be rescinded as not a goalscoring opporutnity and also the Rafael precedent. Still, didnt take awya from how utterly pants we were. Worst thing was seeing the classless Mourinho fucking off with about 5m to go, abhorrent cunt.

Soooo glad I went and sought out a ticket before kick off Worst £56 I ever spent

Time to batter Swansea then take the points off City at the weekend...
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racism
mwg

24th Mar 14 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do kind of look the same
Hammer

24th Mar 14 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was blatantly racist IMO
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is an instance where I'd agree tbh. To an extent. If there were two similar looking white players, it would be entirely possible to get it wrong.
It has done a good job of masking the fact that Arsenal once again fell short against big rivals. They were absolutely rotten before the sending off.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Just like Paul Scholes.

La Masia doesn't base a lot of things around the ginger legend for nothing.
Robbo

24th Mar 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think everyone still lknows we did shit tbf

been confirmed that the red was transferred and both suspensions rescinded.

marriner reffing newc vs soton this weekend, poor west brom fans are fucked
p

24th Mar 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we actually deserve credit for our performance, and how despite Arsenal being poor, we also made them poor.

So Oxlade has got away with it? He would deserve a yellow card I assume?
Robbo

24th Mar 14 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you deserve credit for th opening 7 mins, after that you cna stop being so selfish

tricky one wrt Ox IMO... not a red by the letter of the law (to do with actually stopping a goal) BUT Ox clearly thought it was a goalscoring opportunity otherwise he wouldnt have done it
Ben J

24th Mar 14 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a yellow and pen.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh it should still be a ban? If the ref sends someone off for what he deems a goal scoring opportunity, would the FA rescind it if they disagreed? Ox and whoever spotted it obviously thought it was going in.
Btw, what the fuck was he thinking? Last minute, level or winning - yes. 2-0 down with over 70 mins to play? No.
Robbo

25th Mar 14 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I say, tricky one... not a red by the letter of the law as it wasnt going in but clearly AOC thought it was otherwise he wouldnt have done it. dont think the fa would normally have rescinded it but think they just wanted to move on quickly from the incident
Robbo

25th Mar 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
It's a yellow and pen.
this pisses me off as youre legally correct but it wasnt denying a galscoring oppotunity (clearly subjective but thats modern reffing!) thereofre should just be a yellow for unsportsmanlike behaviour

that said, i hate all the rules regardign pens as theyre a joke. A pen shoudl ONLY be given (IMO) when it denies a clear goalscoring opportunity... why shoudl a foul literally just inside the box where the player is goign out of the box or where the player doesnt have the ball under control and its going out of touch (like the rooney 50th game unbeaten pen ) be deemed to be so severe that a one on one spot kick is justfied?! should be given as a (direct though makes little odds due to proximity) free kicks in the area. Also for me, there can be contact in the box which is not deemed a penalty, esp if the player then throws himself to the gorund (aka Suarez and Rooney 99% of the time ). Rafael's handball also wouldnt be a penalty for me, just a free kick a few yards out and a yellow for unsportsmanlike.

ALSO, GK should never be sent off when inside his own box (barring violent conduct/intent to harm) as hes not the last defender and hes not denying a goalscoring opportunity as they get a spot kick instead. That said, i realise we'd see a LOT more penalties if this were the case
p

25th Mar 14 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
you deserve credit for th opening 7 mins, after that you cna stop being so selfish

tricky one wrt Ox IMO... not a red by the letter of the law (to do with actually stopping a goal) BUT Ox clearly thought it was a goalscoring opportunity otherwise he wouldnt have done it

I can't help but feel if Arsenal won against Chelsea 6-0 you'd be waxing lyrical.

I, am not, but I still think we need a little bit of credit for the result and the performance. We still did the damage, irrespective of the sending off.
Robbo

25th Mar 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been on the end of enough thrashings to be relatively modest about it!

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Topic - Sponsored By Being Obligatory Late Again 23 database queries in 0.0146232 seconds