corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza JDM STI

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza JDM STI
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
31st May 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replaced the old crappy single din and space filler with a nice new Sony XAV-602BT, looks much better, really impressed with it and the customisation and features on it.

Simon_16v

31st May 14 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing like advertising you've an STI
Bissmire

2nd Jun 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep up the good work
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so finally got the oil pressure light sorted, it was the sensor making contact with metal surface on block and earthing it, just a simple move of it and its now all OK and no light of death on the dash.

Also finally got the standard exchaust replaced, went for a full 3" turbo back Hayward and Scott system, went for a nice subtle backbox too which fromt he back looks no different from the OEM.

Had it mapped (was a really hot day in the dyno) and made around 330, still on standard air box etc so more to be had with a few more mods and fettling about, feels much better to drive on the road which is the main thing.

It sounds unreal, not like the normal imprezas, it sounds like a superbike, between 5k to 8k rpm is mental.

Unfortunately on the way up to my holiday i developed a transmission problem, its very strange, once car has warmed up it is making a clunking at low speeds when applying the throttle, also on the motorway when trying to maintain a speed it judders and makes a clunking noise, its OK up and down the rev range but cannot maintain a speed.

I think its clutch related (or I am hoping), worst case scenario its gearbox or diff and they will need removing and stripping to check further, stil driveable but annoying none the less.
Jambo

23rd Jun 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been offered a shot in a UK STi with 320bhp, quite excited tbh. Really like the spoilers on these things.

Sorry to hear about the incoming wallet destruction Barndoor bloody cars. Hope it gets sorted
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 14 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be a hoot jambo, might be able to see what some of the fuss is about then

Used to it by now to be honest, will be nice when its sorted as nothing else to do other then enjoy it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Jun 14 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably clutch.
CORSA NUT

25th Jun 14 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flywheel maybe? hope it's nothing to bad fella
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 14 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an impreza, it'll be a £3k minimum engine rebuild imo

Honestly all i ever see with imprezas is them needing engine work, puts me right off.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 14 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That transmission fault sounds like prop shaft bearing or something of that nature. Not sure on the layout of the shafts/prop but if they're held along the route, check that first.

Clutch wouldn't clunk.
BarnshaW

26th Jun 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ian, yes its something down there or around that area, the clunk has now turned into a whirring when lifting off throttle at low speeds.

Not sure what you mean 3CM? the 2.0 impreza sti lump is extremely reliable, unfortunately they get modded badly and cheaply and like any performance car do not respond well to it.

As they are more affordable now people buy them and stick exhausts, air filters, dump valves onto them without remapping, use crap fuel and nail them about and then wonder why the engines blow up.

You get that with performance cars, not something you are familiar with by your own fleet of exotica unfortunately
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 14 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every engine scare I have had, has just been me panicking

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

26th Jun 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never driven one but would expect them to be cery similar to my evo - epic at going fast

But....

Lacking the quality and finesse of an m3...
BarnshaW

26th Jun 14 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont disagree with that, they are however completely different cars, i did go and test drive an M3 before buying this, was not for me, felt nicely built but does not give the buzz and smile an impreza does when you drive it.
taylorboosh

26th Jun 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think the m3 handles better but theres no doubting the raw turbo ooommmppphhhhh

Prefer my clio to them both, can get it close to the limit without serous risk of death or loss of licence
BarnshaW

25th Jul 14 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gearbox has been stripped, not 100% sure of what they said but something to do with the gears and synchros, going to have them replaced with new carbon synchros, also front diff is possibly playing up so may replace that, not up for buying a new one but may source a secondhand one.

Bit of a relief it is not looking to be the centre DCCD as that was £2700 ex VAT from subaru for a new one , no one would also sell this bit second hand as its internal to gearbox.

Also has a driveshaft replaced as excessive play, not looking forward to getting the bill, should be much better though i hope.
BarnshaW

11th Aug 14 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the car back friday after gearbox rebuild and a few other bits, a few quid lighter too.

unfortunately during the process of this and having the battery disconnected it has played havoc with my ecu, either reset it or spiked it, it would only run on three cylinders on my nicely new mapped ECU, put a replacement ECU on and it fires up perfect.

unfortunately means that i either need to get old ECU looked at (may just need adjusting) or get the replacement ECU remapped again.

Good job I am a patient person, will get there in the end with it.
Wrighty

11th Aug 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very unfortunate mate, not really what you need is it!
BarnshaW

11th Aug 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way it goes isnt it Wrighty, never simple or all complete, always something needing doing
BarnshaW

26th Sep 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had new ECU fitted yesterday, went for Alcatek and had the anti lag and launch control enabled, car much better then before, previous standard ECU with the ECUTEK software spiked and went duff, thought would be good opportunity to upgrade.

pic of it on dyno

AL switch

Have tried it and makes a difference, especially with the LC, makes a right old racket too, wont use it much as long term can be damaging, will put vid up of that when I can get one.

Figure wise, made around 330, probably a little bit lower down on power but other then exhaust its a standard car, drives lovely and pulls hard all the way to 8k rpm.

Vid on dyno

http://youtu.be/UBVmXFVi0zI

[Edited on 26-09-2014 by BarnshaW]
Brett
Premium Member

26th Sep 14 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome mate. Switch is horrible mind lol
BarnshaW

26th Sep 14 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, its out the way, does the job lol., had a hole there in dash anyway for something that was there previous, made sense to use that one.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 14 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, though that switch does suck

Went in a friends type RA with LC and AL and it sounded hilarious.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

26th Sep 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think the switch is as bad as mad out tbh
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Sep 14 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of switches, what's that next to your IC spray?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza JDM STI 24 database queries in 0.0164840 seconds