corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza JDM STI

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza JDM STI
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
10th Mar 14 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What work? He hasnt touched it?
AK

10th Mar 14 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tell me the gearbox code on your car? I'm looking for an 01-03 (i think) STi DCCD box with close gearing.

You wouldnt want to sell your heavy old 6sp to me would you.... I would of course part ex a reconditioned 5sp close ratio DCCD box
BarnshaW

10th Mar 14 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, where would I find the code specifically and I will try and have a look.

Thanks for the offer but I will sadly have to decline, I hope you understand
AK

10th Mar 14 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top right of gearbox/bellhousing looking into engine bay. may need to rub your finger over the wide strip to see it.

AK

10th Mar 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see the wee white stip on the bellhousing here

BarnshaW

10th Mar 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate, will take a look later this evening.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Mar 14 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/999322-miltek-twin-scroll-decat-exhaust.html

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

10th Mar 14 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle, you are a good man!

AK - gearbox number is ED-TY856WB3KA
Ojc

10th Mar 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Keep up the good work
taylorboosh

10th Mar 14 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason aftermarket evo exhausts were always cheap as fuck
AK

10th Mar 14 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the one I'd like....

See any cars of this era/spec being broken - let me know
BarnshaW

24th Mar 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not much happening at the mo due to a holiday, just got back, got it booked in early April for new coilovers, CDF droplinks, RARB and a cambelt change, also getting the mudflaps removed as I dont like them and they are also catching on the singular central speed bumps on standard ride height.

Also going to change the crap gauges it has in it , looking at either prosport steppers or the defi racer ones, cant remember what ones Kyle had but they looked nice too, too lazy to search his thread so hopefully you can post when you read this Kyle

Plans for later in March are the full exhaust and a remap again, then a nice double din head unit. Then that should be it
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prosport Halo/Touch in mine

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ojc

27th Mar 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heap
BarnshaW

22nd May 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So a few updates since on this, been busy with work but a few things been done.

Removed the crappy mudflaps, never liked them and even on standard ride height caught on speed bumps etc.

Cambelt and MOT been done, was also in for coliovers but wrong ones arrived so that got delayed!

First thing to notice was the old centre caps which were completely crap and corroded, seen much better days so needed to be replaced, I never knew how much 4 x centre caps could cost

Old

New

Then I won a decent amount of money on a horse bet, saw this number plate on the DVLA for 250 quid, has my initials, year of car and "SUB" in so thought why the hell not, I know it means nothing to anyone but I dont really care at that price

Had some BC coilvers fitted then, I dont track the car so dont need to spend out too much on them, had these before on my last one and they were fine, I also had the standard knocking rear shocks so really it worked out OK as I was going to upgrade them anyway.

Does not in all honesty drive much different to standard, its stiffer over the bumps and rebound not as good but much nicer in turn and feels much better in the corners anyway, I didnt want it very low because I made that stake before, think its about a 40mm drop which is great for me and a nice compromise of looks and practicality in a speed bump filled area

The car had a really crap set of gauges in when I got it made by "Dynamx" , i suspect they are 10 years old plus and look really dated, they were not even bright at all in the day and hard to see, so I got these replaced with some Defi racers 60mm in Amber in a a centre pod, didnt need to spend the extra on control unit ones as again I had them before and never used the control for them ever really (and these were expensive enough as is).

OLD

NEW

They look really nice alongside the dash and the quality is really nice as you would expect.

I had the car booked in for a 3" turbo back exhaust and another remap, I am hoping to see around 360 and similar torque, I have got a 255 walbro ready to be fitted before the mapping for this also.

The next things to get done are a double din stereo to replace the existing crap one, and maybe a nice set of Ksport brakes, then to just enjoy and maintain it

[Edited on 22-05-2014 by BarnshaW]
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd May 14 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Did you have K-Sports on your last one?

I've been told to stay well clear, and that the Brembo's with decent disks/pads/fluid are better... but you know what it's like, everyone has got an opinion on these parts.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

23rd May 14 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ksport/tarox/D2 all come out the same factory and are fine for what you will do kyle, the crap part about them is the pads which everyone knows so just get uprated pads, which im sure you will with all the faffing around you do...
BarnshaW

23rd May 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much what Wrighty said.

Oem oil pressure warning came on dash last night, oil pressure and level fine, its not an actual pressure issue so thinking a bad earth or dodgy oil pressure sender? it actually flicked on temporarily and flickers now and then

Drove through some torrential rain so maybe got water in a sensor or similar.
thegsi

23rd May 14 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good call on the Defi's and they look awesome with the standard instrument cluster.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Looking good. Did you have K-Sports on your last one?

I've been told to stay well clear, and that the Brembo's with decent disks/pads/fluid are better... but you know what it's like, everyone has got an opinion on these parts.

Assuming the Brembos on these are the same as Evos I'd argue that mate. Tried XP8s, PF11s and others in the Brembos and they were still shocking. Had very little faith in them so went for Ksports which are leagues apart in my opinion.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd May 14 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

Oem oil pressure warning came on dash last night, oil pressure and level fine, its not an actual pressure issue so thinking a bad earth or dodgy oil pressure sender? it actually flicked on temporarily and flickers now and then

Did you use the same senders for the Defi's that were in for the old gauges?

Loads of people just cut the OEM switch out of the loop and use the same bung-hole for their gauges, but others (like me) install the adapter which lets you plug the OEM switch in too.

If I remember right, these switches earth through the threads and engine block - so if they were installed with too much PTFE tape it can make for an inconsistent contact.

Assuming yours are into an adapter, i'd just bung it off and unplug the OEM switch.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd May 14 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
Ksport/tarox/D2 all come out the same factory and are fine for what you will do kyle

Yeah was told to avoid all of those It was when I was down at Chevron, but I'm switched on enough to realise everyone in the trade has got an agenda, so I took that advice with a pinch of salt.

I'd probably go for AP's anyway, because they look nicer IMO

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

23rd May 14 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

Did you use the same senders for the Defi's that were in for the old gauges?

Loads of people just cut the OEM switch out of the loop and use the same bung-hole for their gauges, but others (like me) install the adapter which lets you plug the OEM switch in too.

If I remember right, these switches earth through the threads and engine block - so if they were installed with too much PTFE tape it can make for an inconsistent contact.

Assuming yours are into an adapter, i'd just bung it off and unplug the OEM switch.

Yes the defi came with a new sensor i believe, I have also read about it being overtight and making a poor contact, stupid question but its OK to take the sensor out without anything coming out?

presumably easier to do with alternator off and a socket i guess?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd May 14 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuff won't come out, but let it all cool down first

Alternator off aye, really easy to access after that. If you go on http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gauges you can get a bung. Make sure you PTFE the bung otherwise you'll have a brown fountain like mine when you start up

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

25th May 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kyle, will give it a look, its still on now, quite annoying driving round with the light of death on

Anyway, gave the car a quick clean today, still amazes me how clean it is, one the oldest cars I have owned but by far the cleanest.

[Edited on 25-05-2014 by BarnshaW]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 14 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does look well for the age of it, probably not much more I'd change about the outside.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza JDM STI 24 database queries in 0.0192039 seconds