corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust back box heat shield

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust back box heat shield
deano87

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I walked to my car the other day and noticed some weird noise. Looked underneath and the rear back box exhuast heat sink is loose. Most of the screws/washers that held it on are still in place but the thing has corroded around them.

Colleague who dabbles in car maintenance etc advised that I should just rip it off as it doesn't really do much.

Advisable, or do I need to look at replacing it/re-affixing?

Richie

3rd Mar 14 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never bothered replacing them. I did on my Merc though but because of the amount of gubbins near it.

You can either rip it off or get some oversized washers to refit it. That's what I did for my brake disc backplates instead of paying £50 each for new ones.
deano87

3rd Mar 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
I've never bothered replacing them. I did on my Merc though but because of the amount of gubbins near it.

You can either rip it off or get some oversized washers to refit it. That's what I did for my brake disc backplates instead of paying £50 each for new ones.

Yeah, I did a bit of Googling. Got some oversized washers (providing I can get the rusted nylon nut off ) and I also bought some alumminium tape as a temporary fix until the weekend when I'll lay under the car in the wind and rain.
JordyCarter

3rd Mar 14 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My C did this, was hanging off for a few days so did as above just got a big washer drilled a new hole and its been fine ever since
deano87

3rd Mar 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I intend to put the washer over the big hole that has been created using existing nut and washer.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Online
8th Mar 14 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just rip it off and bin it. Did it with my polo and corsa.
Only thing it does is stops your boot heating up slightly

New Poll