corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Tempur bedding.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tempur bedding.
Ben G

User status: Offline
27th Feb 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went John Lewis at the weekend and fell in love with the Tempur mattresses and pillows.

I've been suffering from back and neck pains for years and these seem to get great reviews. Only problem is the price

Does anyone have one of these? If so, where did you buy from? I get 25% off John Lewis prices, but even then, it'll cost nearly £65 for one pillow and the missus has 2
evilrob
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think you can get them any cheaper than 25% off John Lewis prices!
Hammer

28th Feb 14 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempur is a brand name, you can get alternatives.

I got a visco elastic memory foam mattress when I moved house, I wouldn't go back to internally sprung now - I sleep like a baby.
Ben G

28th Feb 14 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there any shops that sell them, Hammer? Want to try them out first before buying.

Current mattress is just sprung and is awful. We tried a medium-firm memory foam mattress in bensons for beds and it was lovely, so definitely want one of those.

Only reason I said tempur was because we saw them and tried them out in john Lewis and couldn't believe how amazing it felt.
John

28th Feb 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my latest foam one from costco. Silentnight king size, was about £230 when it was on offer (which I think is every couple of months).
Cavey

28th Feb 14 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got our foam one from IKEA. But think they have weird sizes. Wasn't overly expensive, being IKEA and all that
Ben G

28th Feb 14 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we looked in ikea. Don't like any of their bed frames so no point looking at their strange sized mattresses. They're an odd bunch in there.
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have mattress and pillows.

I really like the mattress, certainly worth the price tag. Just lay there, sink, and feel like a turtle on its back when you wake up in the middle of the night trying to change position but can't get out if the crater you've moulded for yourself
Pillow, I have the harder of the two, I wish mine was softer but I like it some nights. You'd never need two of them IMO. We paid £80 a piece.

Edit: and a 10 year guarantee...

[Edited on 28-02-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ben G

28th Feb 14 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Haimsey. Pillow is probably the immediate buy really. Been having terrible sleeps for a while now and stiff necks. Costs £63.75 for the cloud with money off. Worth it i guess.

Mattress prices are extortionate though
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They cost a fair whack but you do spend a lot of your life sleeping, that's my view anyways. Sounds good at 25% off.
I'd recommend having a lay on both pillows for a bit if you could. My pillow isn't too nice when it's cold. Once it's warmed up a bit it's better. I reckon I'd be a bit happier with the softer one.
However, it means no pillow fights unless you want to give the other person concussion

[Edited on 01-03-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

New Poll