corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier League B teams

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Premier League B teams
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
6th May 14 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hence he said the b team would automatically be relegated to make sure they are in separate leagues... Hence my question
Robbo

8th May 14 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP the English Football League Pyramid. Cause of death: stabbed in the back by it's own Father.

UTTER LUNACY!
Conway563

8th May 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this all goes ahead (which it wouldn't surprise me if it did) the whole league system is fucked
May as well do away with all leagues and introduce that champions league format they were on about a few years ago
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 14 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see the issues
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 14 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
RIP the English Football League Pyramid. Cause of death: stabbed in the back by it's own Father.

UTTER LUNACY!

Wont be much English about any of it if some of these measures aren't brought in
Conway563

8th May 14 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I don't see the issues

That's because 1. You support a premier league team from the comfort of your mums armchair and 2. You're an idiot
JonnyJ

8th May 14 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I don't see the issues

That's because 1. You support a premier league team from the comfort of your mums armchair and 2. You're an idiot

Joe, stop wasting your time lad. I was going to comment but half of Match Day is full of ignorant twats who havent got the foggiest clue about football. You'll just be banging your head against a brick wall.
Steve
Premium Member

8th May 14 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's probably true, I dont pay much interest to teams that far down, I would still appreciate some views from people that do that would alter mine
JonnyJ

8th May 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you honestly cant see any of the blindingly obvious downsides to the idea then i have no interest in discussing my views with you.

It would be like discussing brain surgery with a badger and I've got better things to do with my times, like scratch my arse.
Robbo

8th May 14 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love Greg Dyke's main argument: Premier League clubs are in support of this... NO SHIT!!! Who stands to gain from it?? (in theory, AW completely disagrees with the idea)

The Football Supporters Federation (FSF) who also effectively represent supporters groups/trusts weren't even consulted about this! Even most L2 clubs will be in support of this because of money but you won't find a single (sane) lower league fan who thinks this is anything other than murdering lower league football for the sole gain of PL and, if they're lucky, England.

Home grown rules are all well and good but clubs just (and will do it even younger of necy) bring in foreign talent at an earlier age to get around it. As half the players don't physically or technically develop to the right standard, they will just be discarded and have their lives turned upside down.
Conway563

8th May 14 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just listened to Greg Dyke on talksport. Couldn't give a valid argument for anything
Robbo

8th May 14 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree with the non-EU and are they or aren't they an exceptional talent - that's a good idea which shouldn't need a review to come up with.

One very simple thing they could do is bring in player registration caps to stop the likes of Chelsea and City from hoarding players and stifling their development on the hope that a few may come good. Likewise, bring in a limit on how many / the types of players a team can loan out to stop hoarding. Chelsea have nearly 60 players on loan at various clubs across Europe and when was the last time anyone saw Jack Rodwell or Scott Sinclair do anything remotely decent?!
Conway563

8th May 14 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I do agree with the non-EU and are they or aren't they an exceptional talent - that's a good idea which shouldn't need a review to come up with.

I don't particularly
Alefe Santos isn't a world class player and probably never will be but was one of our stand out players at times this year.
Do we now have to sack him and tell him to fuck off back to Brazil?

What happens if a premier league team gets relegated?
Do they have to release all their non-eu players and lose out on potential transfer fees?
Kenwyne Jones, Fabio, Hugo Rodellega - None of them are" exceptional talents". If this was in place now do they get deported unless they get another prem club?
Robbo

8th May 14 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would certainly cause issues for a few seasons but the affected players would be 'weeded out' after a period (im sure exiting players wouldn't be affected anyway, just new signings) and once a transition period has been completed, no one would be any the wiser
Conway563

8th May 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would also imagine these 10-15 B teams would make their way to the top of league 1 eventually
As they can't go above that level are we going to start promoting teams finishing 16th
If there were 15 then the team finishing 21st would be in the playoffs and relegated
Robbo

8th May 14 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would suggest Man City B and Chelsea B would win Leagues 3, 2 and 1 within 5 years max...

The timing of the end of PL, Champs and FL would cause serious issues at the end of the season in terms of having a fucking clue what's going on wrt promotions/relegations... joke!
Russ

8th May 14 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an absolute load of shit bollocks.

a) for the premiership fans (the real ones) - who is going to want to follow chelsea to barcelona one week and chelsea b to carlisle the next? no fucker apart from the plastics who live up there assuming they'd attend, lower gate receipts and then less money for the lower league teams
b) the lower league teams - greg dyke said that there are teams every year who avoid bankruptcy by the skin of their teeth, so tell me how on earth they will be better off.

if anyone can give me a legitimate reason why we can't have 4 reserve leagues with a blend of u21's and a few older players (say 3/4 max) that play the same fixture list as the main teams and kick off earlier in the day, and fans could pay an extra £1 for the ticket to the earlier kick off game - it would boost attendance and they'd get more from playing teams of a similar standard than they would playing shit teams at the bottom of league 2
Russ

8th May 14 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one thinking i did like was not being able to loan non EU players to lower league clubs. great idea that
Russ

8th May 14 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is i suppose

this will improve English Players, as there will be more of them in lower leagues owned by big clubs

however, the business side fucks over small teams.

here's another idea, premiership clubs could identify 5 players that are between the ages of 18-21 and add them to a draft list.

the L2 & L1 clubs would then have a number of 'credits' based on their finishing position the previous year and would be able to bid on players. so if you were fresh from the confrence you'd have 3 premier league club youngsters free of charge for a year, and if you were just relegated from the championship into L1 you'd get one - obviously that idea needs work and would still need to be run across another development league due to the amount of youngsters at clubs.
Conway563

8th May 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
here's another idea, premiership clubs could identify 5 players that are between the ages of 18-21 and add them to a draft list.

Can't imagine what could have put that idea in your head today
Russ

8th May 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier League B teams 23 database queries in 0.0140791 seconds