corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 5 Weeks to get fit - buff people like Russ in here!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 5 Weeks to get fit - buff people like Russ in here!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going on holiday in February with mates and girlfriends and with there being a hot tub on the balcony and sauna in the chalet, I don't want to be 'wobbly' - one mate smokes, drinks and eats terribly but is built like the side of a house and I'd feel a bit uncomfortable with my weedy frame and slightly wobbly belly!

I started last week and have been running every other night (so 4 times total); started at 1.5miles and now at 3 miles; hoping to do 4 miles tonight. I want to keep up the running after holiday and I've signed up for a half marathon in October.

I've then been building up from 40/50 press ups in 4/5 x 10 reps when I started to doing 200 in reps of 25-35 yesterday - basically, I rep until I can't physically go anymore.

I've been doing planks, 5 lots of 45 seconds on left arm, both arms and right arm but I can't do sit ups. My hip clicks and is really uncomfortable doing sit ups - what other core exercises would you recommend?

I've not got time for the gym and only have two basic dumbells at home so not kitted out for heavy weight work. I'm just looking for advice on how to cut down my weight and increase my 'tone'.

For the last week, I've cut my diet to under 1200 calories intake a day and have cut out all carbs, fructose, sugars, sat fats etc. and I've lost 2kg in a week to take me from 75.5kg to 72.5kg which has cut the weight I put on over Christmas but I'd be interested in what sort of diet plan people are following too.
Generation

13th Jan 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You feel uncomfortable around friends?
Fuxk that
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one I do, he's a cunt.
Russ

13th Jan 14 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you just want to lose fat?
Don't eat Carbs for five weeks and stop running distance and sprint instead. Google hiit. Do it crack of dawn. Sorted.
Marc

13th Jan 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do some high intensity circuits at home. You will certainly lose some weight provided you balance your diet too.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, really to lose fat although I would hazard that I'm not that fat anyway. Bit of a gut but not huge.

I'd like to build up a little bit; again, I'm not weedy but nor am I particularly big but I have a fairly good degree of strength. I'm just looking to cut the fat and have a degree of muscle definition.

Would the likes of P90X/Insanity fall into the HIIT category - If I did an abbreviated version of those?
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing? What's the craic with Protein Shakes?

So far, I've upped my protein intake after exercising by having Omlettes with tuna etc. Could I replace this with a protein shake?

Would a shake be a suitable breakfast as that's the one meal I've been struggling with what to have.

With cutting out carbs, I've not had the Pasta/Potatoes/bread/rice/noodles etc. that I normally would have. I've been having homemade soups every lunch time and as said before I've cut to under 1200kcal for the last week or so which has seen good weight loss but now I'm almost at the turning point of having cut down to weight so do I need to change my diet to suit?

[Edited on 13-01-2014 by LiVe LeE]
sc0ott

13th Jan 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the insanity workout dvds?

You should have a protein shake after your workout yes, but i wouldnt rely on them as meal replacements.

Have the tuna omelette for breakfast?
Ben G

13th Jan 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only 75kg's but have a wobbly belly? How tall are you?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insanity or p90x would be a good way
Russ

13th Jan 14 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insanity wouldnt hurt if you wanna lose a belly
Generation

13th Jan 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of belly? Is this proper fat?

Or 21st century fat on top man shoppers?
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5ft10; I'm not fat, just not 'toned' I would guess is the best description-I've never had a six pack etc. Weighed myself when I got home, stark bollock naked, I was 71.9kg before having any tea and I reckon my fit weight would be 67.5-70kg so not particularly overweight.

Going to try the 100s HIIT on a few things I can do at home without gym equipment-see how I get on.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone at missus' work has insanity on a HD which I can borrow so I might try integrating some of that.
Russ

13th Jan 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of you naked so i can gauge where you're at
Matt L

13th Jan 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't really need a protein shake imo just get the protein from food as your doing.

just cut carbs/sugars etc down as much as possible and as mentioned hiit training should be reet.

in terms of core why does your hip click? you don't need to go excessively high when doing crunches just go up enough so that your working purely abs and not brining the back in to it (for me works out that arms straight just about touch my knees), then try reverse crunches so knees up to chest (arse should come up off the floor) hopefully they don't affect hips too much.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old snowboarding injury; came down on my hip on a hip-it's clicked ever since. I dislocated my shoulder at the same time and whilst that's never been right, I can live with it but when my hip clicks, it's really painful, trapped nerve maybe.

Breakfast is the most difficult thing, I leave at 0630 every morning and we don't have anything but a microwave in the office kitchen. Need a non-carb breakfast which rules out cereal, porridge, breakfast biscuits, toast etc. that's why I was considering a shake of some sorts?
Russ

13th Jan 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there aint a meal that cant involve eggs chicken and steak imo
antscorsa

13th Jan 14 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'am in the same position as you, not got a huge gut just a bit of xmas beer belly I want rid of.

Currently just finished week 1 of insanity! obviously its hard but feel better for it!

Think what I'm failing on is the diet which is a struggle to keep but will keep going! not eating badly but hard to keep up the amount it tells you to eat.

[Edited on 13-01-2014 by antscorsa]
RichR
Premium Member

14th Jan 14 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking at Protein shakes and confused as to what I should buy: Protein/Whey Protein/Creatine/Casein/etc. etc.
SXI - Matt

15th Jan 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just normal protein / whey protein wouldn't worry about the rest if your not doing a gym routine or excessive weights ect.
Ben G

15th Jan 14 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whey protein and some vitamins will do you fine imo.

myprotein.co.uk is a good site with a lot of info.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 14 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been taking iron supplements and multivitamins/cod liver oil since Christmas - I'll look at protein tomorrow, there's an offer on groupon at the minute, is that stuff any good?
Tom G

16th Jan 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope will be matrix crap. don't buy registered trade marks such as cyclone etc etc. Just buy simple whey protein.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Jan 14 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go as you are and stop caring what other people think

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 5 Weeks to get fit - buff people like Russ in here! 23 database queries in 0.0148549 seconds