corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Smart Parking' Ticket

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Smart Parking' Ticket
Danny P

User status: Offline
   7th Jan 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

Just got home and discoverd a 'Notice to Owner' letter dated 3.01.2014 from a company called 'Smart Parking' advsingme that that a PCN was attached to my vehicle.

Looks like they are trying to charge me £90 for something.

Letter states I need to make payment, or provide information as to who was driving at the time by 10.01.2013. If not, I have to pay within 14 days (I pressume this will be from the date on the letter) and if not it will be passed on to to debt recovery agent for collection.

It also states that they believe that the issue on a PCN provides 'reasonable cause for them to obtain my details from the DVLA'

What can I do (if anything) to avoid paying the fine? I've had a look round on here and there is so much information that I just wanted to be clear.

Any help would be much appreciated
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore
_Allan_

7th Jan 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore and bin.
JordyCarter

7th Jan 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you do not ignore it anymore that is old advice you will get summoned to court (Trust me im speaking from experience of binning one a few years back and being fine and having to pay one)

Basically you need to go here for the best advice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You need to wait for that ntk (Notice to keeper) then you need to get a code for popla and appeal to them. That mse forum will help you (I strongly massively advise to get help on there) POPLA might sort it out for you they most likely will tbh if you have a well constructed appeal.

If you ignore it will not end good
Bart

7th Jan 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually if you read google or MSE they all suggest to ignore such letters from smart parking
MJFF88

7th Jan 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"reasonable cause for them to obtain my details from the DVLA"

If they've sent you a letter they've presumably already done that. If it's not from the council just bin it.
richardworrall
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

private parking tickets just ignore them, ive ignored a few now where i work and they go away eventually, takes about 3 months for them to stop sending letters
Voyto

7th Jan 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
No you do not ignore it anymore that is old advice you will get summoned to court (Trust me im speaking from experience of binning one a few years back and being fine and having to pay one)

You need to wait for that ntk (Notice to keeper) then you need to get a code for popla and appeal to them. That mse forum will help you (I strongly massively advise to get help on there) POPLA might sort it out for you they most likely will tbh if you have a well constructed appeal.

+1 to this.

I ignored one from a private company a year ago...ended with a court summons and cost me about 5x as much.
Gaz

7th Jan 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a private agreement to park on private land. You are simply trespassing.

Alternatively, we (motorist) should set up our own terms and conditions for such company's to contact us.
luciaadr

7th Jan 14 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on pepipoo and start a new thread, very helpful people on there.

I think you are now legally obligated to name the driver as they state
Jimbothebarbarian

7th Jan 14 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Voyto
quote:

+1 to this.

I ignored one from a private company a year ago...ended with a court summons and cost me about 5x as much.

+2

Having been a strong advocate of ignoring these with great success it seems the horrid little cunts must have won a president somewhere.

Been taken to court, fought it, and lost big time. Well the wife lost, cost me fuck all!

But it seems the good old days of ignoring these blood sucking vermin scumbag cunts has now passed. Sadly...
Rob_Quads

8th Jan 14 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a feeling the law did change around this last year.

Citizen advise also says don't ignore then as you may end up in court

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/consumer_driving_and_parking_e/consumer_parking_tickets_e/consumer_parking_tickets_on_private_land_e/youve_got_a_parking_ticket_on_private_land_what_can_you_do.htm
Baz-Zico

8th Jan 14 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Download the parking notice at the bottom and stick it beside your tax disc where its visable, ive seen parking attendants remove parking tickets after read this on someones car

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Parking-Notice
John

8th Jan 14 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks a lot like something that would make them bring the lorry round to lift you more quickly after giving you a ticket.
micra_pete
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by Voyto
quote:

+1 to this.

+2

Having been a strong advocate of ignoring these with great success it seems the horrid little cunts must have won a president somewhere.

Been taken to court, fought it, and lost big time. Well the wife lost, cost me fuck all!

But it seems the good old days of ignoring these blood sucking vermin scumbag cunts has now passed. Sadly...

+3

I've ignored many of the years but the law is now different. Either seek current advise on MSE or pepipoo.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one recently, proper pisser. Didn't buy a ticket as I waited in the car. They had a camera system clocking you in and out

Got it at the start of December, one letter so far, ignored. Plan to ignore further, will update on progress.

[Edited on 08-01-2014 by Brett]
Jimbothebarbarian

8th Jan 14 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baz-Zico
Download the parking notice at the bottom and stick it beside your tax disc where its visable, ive seen parking attendants remove parking tickets after read this on someones car

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Parking-Notice

Cute, won't work on the ANPR/camera systems we're on about though.

Do like the idea as I thought about sending a letter telling said parking companies I wanted £500 per letter I sent but I was told it wasn't possible or legal.
johnny86
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cover plates remove tax disc been caught once in ten years..
Bart

8th Jan 14 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Cover plates remove tax disc been caught once in ten years..

Sounds a bit dramatic
Generation

8th Jan 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one in June last year. Done the usual ignoring of 3 letters.

Then had phone calls from "collection company" who am fed to get phone number.

I just blocked their phone from calling me. Not heard anyrhingn else since Nov
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i the only person that thinks... why not just park where your allowed to?
ive never had a parking ticket in my life (yet) as i just park where im allowed to and buy a ticket where i need to
makes life easier that way i guess
JordyCarter

8th Jan 14 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
ive never had a parking ticket in my life (yet) as i just park where im allowed to and buy a ticket where i need to

Certain places e.g. where i got mine it was a matter of risk it or dont do what i was going to do. I had to go in to the place for no longer than 5 minutes upon return, excel parking 60 quid fine. Its fair enough though... what isnt fair enough is the fact the council charge less than these private companies. There robbing you really, £60 for 5 minutes its hardly an accurate estimation of lost revenue. Just bullshit really
Jimbothebarbarian

8th Jan 14 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

Or it could be ,as in the case of my idiot wife, it's free parking for so long and then after say an hour you enter into a legally binding contract because a badly vandalised sign at the other end of the carpark says so. Doesn't matter if you haven't seen or agreed to it. It also doesn't matter that you've displayed a disabled blue parking badge and parked in a disabled parking bay with a disabled relative in the car.

We always pay in pay and display areas but these fuckers trick and hoodwink you, end of. They take over carparks that have been free parking for years and/or have to be free so big companies can get planning permission passed. Then without any real notice they start fucking people over. Legally right? So it now seems. Morally right? Is it fuck.
JordyCarter

8th Jan 14 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is also some really unfair stories on that MSE forum
DaveyLC

8th Jan 14 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically you have an Invoice attached to your windscreen.. If you ignore it they COULD send the bailiffs round or even take you to small-claims court, generally though they'll just roll-over and forget about it.

First step is to ignore it and pretend you've never seen it (i.e. it must have blown away) and see how serious shit gets

[Edited on 08-01-2014 by DaveyLC]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Smart Parking' Ticket 22 database queries in 0.0155718 seconds