corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Smart Parking' Ticket

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Smart Parking' Ticket
Carl

User status: Offline
8th Jan 14 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that if they did end up taking you to court all they could get you for was loss of earnings (ie whatever it cost to park their originally) or has that changed as well?

I always ignore them, bit worried now!
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo something where they can only charge you what they realistically lost in financial terms. Cant see that being changed by law either
Generation

8th Jan 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fully agree Flaffy and usually do, it's not worth the hassle.

I forgot to display my work permit in window
Didn't notice sign at services relating to how long I could stay was the other one
Jimbothebarbarian

8th Jan 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that as well got fucked right off. Judge was a right prick about it. It simple, they've won several cases now so the legal president is set.

The only thing that they can't do that they've tried and failed on appeal several times is charging astronomical costs. In some cases they have tried for several hundred quid in costs. But many have appealed and won on the basis that there is no need for five solicitors to travel first class for small claim court cases. We paid £195 altogether. Pissed off about it but worth it to have a little slanging match about it rather than just handing cash over for fuck all.
neil h

9th Jan 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baz-Zico
Download the parking notice at the bottom and stick it beside your tax disc where its visable, ive seen parking attendants remove parking tickets after read this on someones car

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Parking-Notice

Nope, I call bollocks on that one. It smacks of being similar to the Freeman of the Land argument, which is also bollocks. The times the author claims it works are more than likely due to the officers involved lack of understanding.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
deffo something where they can only charge you what they realistically lost in financial terms. Cant see that being changed by law either

I think there is yes. Something like they can charge you the maximum cost for the time you spent in that space plus postage or something daft.
Danny P

12th Jan 14 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got round to logging back on here, thanks for the replys everyone.

After doing some research it seems you can no longer just ignor the notice. All advice seems to indicate sending an appeal to the ticket issuer explaining the charge does not reflect the loss of income to the company, and also that they dont own the land.

The particular notice I got didn't have an offence on there, so that can be argued as well.

I've sent my appeal off, and they now have 35 days to get back to me, or issue a POPLA appeal ref. Reading MSE its seem this will happen, but when it goes through POPLA they will uphold the appeal (link on there stating they have a 100% record through the forum)

Hopefully Smart Parking wont be arsed with POPLA and just drop it.

Guessing they hope that people are scared into paying it when they get it without making any sort of appeal.
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are still chasing us for this 1

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did park in the wrong place though dog lover
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where i was parked (i was in the building straight in front of the car)

the notices in the car park (note the building i was in was part of nightingale court)

DaveyLC

13th Jan 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You notice the word CHARGE.. Its an invoice. The worst they can do is pursue you through the small-claims court and they never normally bother.

Just reply with a letter

Dir Sir/Madam,

Thankyou for your invoice (Ref: blah). Sadly I was not happy with the service provided and I do not wish to pay.

Regards,

Or to really fuck with them send them a cheque for £10 and suggest that's all their spaces are worth.. Then let the cu*ts take you court.

[Edited on 13-01-2014 by DaveyLC]
JordyCarter

13th Jan 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Just got round to logging back on here, thanks for the replys everyone.

After doing some research it seems you can no longer just ignor the notice. All advice seems to indicate sending an appeal to the ticket issuer explaining the charge does not reflect the loss of income to the company, and also that they dont own the land.

The particular notice I got didn't have an offence on there, so that can be argued as well.

I've sent my appeal off, and they now have 35 days to get back to me, or issue a POPLA appeal ref. Reading MSE its seem this will happen, but when it goes through POPLA they will uphold the appeal (link on there stating they have a 100% record through the forum)

Hopefully Smart Parking wont be arsed with POPLA and just drop it.

Guessing they hope that people are scared into paying it when they get it without making any sort of appeal.

Yeah thanks for clearing that up i knew that was what goes on, some people didnt agree

Also what steve said or someone above about it being a true amount to charge for loss of earnings (ticket price) is something people use in the POPLA appeals... and win.

I actually paid mine because it was a ball ache going through popla. I guess thats sort of it, pay to not bother with the hassle or go through the hassle.
SVM 286

13th Jan 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Nice car

Thanks, wanna buy it?
SVM 286

13th Jan 14 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably need more than thirty pence for it Chlo, so i'd doubt I could twist your arm as that's about as much disposable income as I have at the mo.

Plus i'm massively allergic to dogs, so couldn't buy it anyway, even if I had the dough.
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can guarantee no dog has been in that car
SVM 286

13th Jan 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but you breed/keep dogs don't you?
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do have a few yes
pow
Premium Member

13th Jan 14 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have you blocked the number plate out on the ticket and not on the photo?
Russ

13th Jan 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd just ignore it, but what they gonna do, send somebody to my house?
SVM 286

13th Jan 14 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
I do have a few yes

The trace amounts of dander from the animals that will have been transferred from your clothes etc to the interior of the car, over time, would be enough to have me looking and sounding like I had washed my face with a wet cat, within minutes of me sitting in the car Chlo.

It's very inconvenient.
chloe16v

13th Jan 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do you have to ask every car buyer if they own a dog before you can buy it? Not being sarcastic just wondering
SVM 286

15th Jan 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever i've bought one in the past and when it was possible to find out, i've checked on the phone first Chloe.

If it's a doggy family or they know that the previous owner was, then it's a no-no.

That said, an absolute maximum of about twenty mins is all I need in any car before I know it's been used by a dog owner, or has carried a passenger that lives with a dog.

My Mum used to be a child minder. The parents of one of the little boys she looked after, bought a Staff puppy.

Within weeks of them owning the dog and with my Mum only taking the boy a short distance to and from school, five days a week, I was unable to drive her car or travel in it, as it made me so ill within about 5 mins of getting in it.
chloe16v

16th Jan 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell, get a poodle
SVM 286

17th Jan 14 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pink one yeah?
chloe16v

17th Jan 14 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or a cammel

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Smart Parking' Ticket 22 database queries in 0.1076369 seconds