corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Landrover defender day

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Landrover defender day
Doug

User status: Offline
5th Jan 14 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at a tow car now and the defenders just hold their value too much. Seems mental paying 10k for an old car that is bound to cost a few grand in parts over the course of ownership.

Mitsubishi Shogun gets my vote. Family have had them for as long as I can remember and always reliable.
Chris x

5th Jan 14 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Don't think i would want to spend more than 6k on e. You could easy spend that again replacing a few bits.
Twat!

They cost fuck all to fix!
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 14 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if Defenders are different but I found bits for my Disco quite expensive. Its needed a prop, some switchgear and it'll be wanting a hub soon. They're all proper money for an old car, even used.
Andrew

5th Jan 14 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twat?

I actually meant changing things such as modern headlights and so on..

I'd love a defender Would have to be my daily but i currently do too many miles for this.

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by Andrew]
Chris x

5th Jan 14 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it need a prop Ian? UJ gone?
Chris x

5th Jan 14 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Twat?

I actually meant changing things such as modern headlights and so on..

I'd love a defender Would have to be my daily but i currently do too many miles for this.

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by Andrew]

Headlights?

You wouldn't want one as a daily, mine as a 2nd car was bad enough. Done a few up and always found the parts cheap - new and 2nd hand.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would just fit snorkel and diff breathers
chrisritch

5th Jan 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see Steve as more of a Freelander person
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I emailed that guy with the defender that was way to cheap to be true, just out of curiosity to see the scam, this is what I got

quote:
Sorry for late answer. First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I've almost reached an agreement with a local potential buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay, for the moment. The car is still available for sale, it is in extremely good condition,100% HPI Clear, full service history. Currently I am on a business trip to Italy and will have to stay here for about 6 months (this is why I am selling the car for a low price and I am looking for a fast sale to finance the Italian project ) .I left the car in Wallace Transport custody ( www.wallace-transport.co.uk ) and they will handle the sale for me. The V5 log book is already signed on my behalf, the car will come with 2 keys, all service records and previous MOT's. Wallace Transport will deliver the car directly to your home address and I will pay all delivery expenses.
If you are interested in purchasing the car just contact Wallace Transport department that handles the sale directly at: info@wallace-transport.co.uk and they will assist you with any questions you might have regarding the transaction
PS When contacting the Wallace Transport please specify my name ( Elise Dixon ) and the car make and model

Many Thanks ,

Elise

Can someone point out the scam cheers
evilrob
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I emailed that guy with the defender that was way to cheap to be true, just out of curiosity to see the scam, this is what I got

quote:
Sorry for late answer. First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I've almost reached an agreement with a local potential buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay, for the moment. The car is still available for sale, it is in extremely good condition,100% HPI Clear, full service history. Currently I am on a business trip to Italy and will have to stay here for about 6 months (this is why I am selling the car for a low price and I am looking for a fast sale to finance the Italian project ) .I left the car in Wallace Transport custody ( www.wallace-transport.co.uk ) and they will handle the sale for me. The V5 log book is already signed on my behalf, the car will come with 2 keys, all service records and previous MOT's. Wallace Transport will deliver the car directly to your home address and I will pay all delivery expenses.
If you are interested in purchasing the car just contact Wallace Transport department that handles the sale directly at: info@wallace-transport.co.uk and they will assist you with any questions you might have regarding the transaction
PS When contacting the Wallace Transport please specify my name ( Elise Dixon ) and the car make and model

Many Thanks ,

Elise

Can someone point out the scam cheers

Seems legit.

Oh, apart from the company incorporation date and director names:

Companies house:

"Company" website:

And the domain was only registered on 16th December:

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by evilrob]
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who can give me the quick run down then of all the permiatations of Defenders.

90, 110, 130 etc and TDI5...what does it all mean??
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

90, 110, 130 is wheelbase length in inches.

Engines that you'll be looking at are 200 and 300tdi ' s and maybe td5.

300 is what I'd go for. Minimal electrical woes and more refined than the 200. Still slow but with a fmic and fuel pump tweaks it'll go alright.

Steve
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I gather I think I prefer the 90 in terms of shape
mwg

6th Jan 14 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a 90 TDI regularly and they are awful to drive. Driving position is horrendous, get a bad back if you spend any length of time in it, it costs a lot in parts and always seems to be something up with it. The panels gaps around the doors are a joke as is the heater. I only use it because it tows a trailer better than anything else I have access to. Driven a 90 TD5 a few times and they aren't a lot better. They just sound nicer

[Edited on 06-01-2014 by mwg]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
quote:
Originally posted by willay
Currently driving a LPG Jeep Cherokee XJ 4ltr, stinks of mould and has Old Car Issues

Is it any good though?. Liking how cheap they are as you can just not give a fudge about it.

Cheap and big, lots of issues documented by americans on various forums
chrisritch

6th Jan 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love a TD90 Defender

Don't care how shit they are or how uncomfortable. Would be grand for driving around the farm fields in the winter and we have some awesome by-ways round by us
mwg

6th Jan 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are good for not having to care about. Scraping along hedges, throwing bales in the back and generally getting shit up. But they aren't as good off road as you imagine they might be. In a field at this time of year once the tread blocks are full of mud you're sat there spinning
mwg

6th Jan 14 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother used to have a Nissan Terrano and it was much better off road in our experience of the 2. Standard v standard

[Edited on 06-01-2014 by mwg]
chrisritch

6th Jan 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They also seem stupid expensive for what you get

Best off roader I have driven so far has actualy been a Shogun
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I like about the defender is its straight to the point, no fancy crap and is pure function, im not after a daily drive.

Im not writing the other suggestions off, but everything else just seems full of fancy pointless plastic body mouldings etc
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 14 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you seen the Milner LRM-1?
mwg

6th Jan 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancy plastic mouldings wont be an issue for driving through a bit of flood water and snow
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur fucking me off
mwg

6th Jan 14 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're fucking everyone else off buying cars that you hardly use
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Landrover defender day 22 database queries in 0.0310481 seconds