corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2014
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
27th Jan 14 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the original shimano one from the bike. The wheel is slightly buckled beyond repair so might be worth changing wheels anyway? If I keep the bike that is. Remedy 9 could be on the cards depending.....
Cole

27th Jan 14 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done on the new job mate get it bought
nibnob21
Premium Member

27th Jan 14 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girlfriend has gone home for the week taking the car with her. That means cycling to work everyday regardless of the weather...pissing it down tomorrow, yay.

MX5 Project Thread
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Jan 14 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here whos a dab hand with choosing wheels?

I need a new set for my grisley MTB, 26", vbrake and half decent. I'm not doing any jumps, downhill or mentalness its just my secondary bike that I like to take out when the weather isn't road bike friendly.

I was originally after the Hope hoops Pro 2 evo with the mavic 717 wheelset but I can't find anyone who is holding the vbrake type in stock :/

I want the wheels to be light, strong and not a piece of crap. any suggestions
deano87

28th Jan 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to suggest Superstar but doesn't look like they have anything V-brake compatible.

Might have to get your LBS to build you something.
kennySRi

28th Jan 14 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a pair of ceramic 517 with xtr/xt hubs on retrobike, £72. I'm tempted but I've loads of wheels lol.
Rick Draper

29th Jan 14 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
There's a pair of ceramic 517 with xtr/xt hubs on retrobike, £72. I'm tempted but I've loads of wheels lol.

Got a link?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Jan 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I was going to suggest Superstar but doesn't look like they have anything V-brake compatible.

Might have to get your LBS to build you something.

LBS is fucking expensive.
kennySRi

29th Jan 14 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi

Got a link?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=285328&sid=6a3c151c00bc6008d55f82a02c51a44d

Think they're sold now. Really surprised with myself that I didn't go for them
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 14 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First aborted bike ride of the year! 5 miles in and me and Jimbo the barbarian and a man called George had to turn round and go back. 40+mph gusts of wind with sleet and snow and that was before we got up to the top of the climb. Shame, but the correct decision. Awful weather.
Cole

1st Feb 14 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play think the whole country is facing thr same conditions tbh. Bought myself a new helmet today an Urge enduromatic
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Feb 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
First aborted bike ride of the year! 5 miles in and me and Jimbo the barbarian and a man called George had to turn round and go back. 40+mph gusts of wind with sleet and snow and that was before we got up to the top of the climb. Shame, but the correct decision. Awful weather.

My trip got worse! Got to the coast and due to high tides and gale force winds all roads home were blocked lol.

Sat for an hour for it to subside long enough for roads to clear. Mint day out.
Rick Draper

1st Feb 14 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad I did not make the drive up TBH.
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 14 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, it was fine at 10am in carlisle, wasn't even windy really, sun was out etc. keswick though, jesus, that was rough. it was the kind of weather that if it had been southern england, would have been on the news every 10 seconds.
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Feb 14 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have any recommendations for some aero brake levers for drop handlebars?

Wanting to upgrade the ones on my vintage road bike, been looking at the cane creek scr-5:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cane-creek-scr-5-brake-levers/

Just wondering if there's anything else decent available for less?

MX5 Project Thread
Nic Barnes

2nd Feb 14 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sealskinz-winter-cycle-glove/rp-prod87865

anybody any views/pro mate review on these gloves, or similar?
smcGSI16V

2nd Feb 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never heard anything good about their gloves. Socks yes gloves no.

I have the endura dexter gloves which I know a lot of people have and think they are ok.

I always hear as well hat there is no such thing as a proper waterproof glove. I have heard of people wearing diving gloves and boots or wearing latex gloves under normal ones to get the water proofing.
Cole

2nd Feb 14 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not even gonna offer any advice
Nic Barnes

2nd Feb 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
I have never heard anything good about their gloves. Socks yes gloves no.

I have the endura dexter gloves which I know a lot of people have and think they are ok.

I always hear as well hat there is no such thing as a proper waterproof glove. I have heard of people wearing diving gloves and boots or wearing latex gloves under normal ones to get the water proofing.
the people I know with the socks aren't all that impressed by them either really. At my old job I used to do that with latex gloves actually! Hands start to sweat after a while but never get cold.
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 14 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will be my mobile home from Lands End to John O Groats(hopefully!).... Carradice saddle bag, it's going to mean I have to pack extremely light but I'm carrying enough weight as it is without taking half my wardrobe. Just need to sort out a bar bag now for carrying the electronics and I'm ready to go

Jimbothebarbarian

5th Feb 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a few bits'n'bobs, sick of leaning bikes up against stuff in the garage so ordered two of these... http://mobile.wheelies.co.uk/code-1-adjustable-displaystorage-stand/p45372/

Also ordered some shit to get the road bike up and running. New rear cassette, new tires, and a charger spoon saddle as the one on the bike takes ages for my arse to get toughened up too.
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Feb 14 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few new bits for the road bike...

MX5 Project Thread
Simon

7th Feb 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is everyone else doing what I do in shit weather and spending loads of money on bike parts?

I'm going to Morzine in June so starting spunking a load of money on stuff for that, got some new forks, a full face helmet, bearings to replace. Weather so depressing!
Ant B

7th Feb 14 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Ordered a few bits'n'bobs, sick of leaning bikes up against stuff in the garage so ordered two of these... http://mobile.wheelies.co.uk/code-1-adjustable-displaystorage-stand/p45372/

Also ordered some shit to get the road bike up and running. New rear cassette, new tires, and a charger spoon saddle as the one on the bike takes ages for my arse to get toughened up too.

let me no when them stands come and if there any good,id love something like that
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
So is everyone else doing what I do in shit weather and spending loads of money on bike parts?

I'm going to Morzine in June so starting spunking a load of money on stuff for that, got some new forks, a full face helmet, bearings to replace. Weather so depressing!

Not to do with the weather for me...but since I sold my car I have to have some sort of project to keep me busy and my bike has accidentally turned into that lol. Spent £120 on bits this week...oops.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2014 24 database queries in 0.0214159 seconds