corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
craig8
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 13 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget the coal industry Ste, which also happens to be on its arse just now

E36 328
Hammer

26th Nov 13 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
There a good video on YouTube showing the views of some rangers fans

May as well post it up mate, these pillars of Scottish society had swayed my previously unswayed opinion. If we end up as an independent nation I'm moving to Wales, England has started letting aw the fuckin' immangrents in. Innit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A

They are idiots who link football to things they know nothing about. Same as the element of the Celtic support who are pro IRA, but have never been to Ireland or have any idea about the situation. Same as a lot of English people who just argue that they'd be richer without paying Scotland's prescriptions. Too many people are clueless, this includes fat Eck.

Ahhhh, Celtic fans being brought into something regarding Rangers (RIP)
Hammer

26th Nov 13 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Scotland will be fucked if this goes through.
They produce two things, whisky and war ships.

Whiskey employs hardly any people. I've been to distilleries, even big ones only have about 12 people working there.

Then the war ships. I'm not sure the UK MOD will want to import war ships and lose money to Scotland so will bring that back to England. Then Scotland will be fucked as their oil industry is burning out.

One thing we certainly won't be should we become independent is fucked because all we make is war ships and whisky.

We make tea cakes, Irn Bru and haggis as well. Stereotypical, ignorant, bullshit
ChrisBoom

26th Nov 13 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The white paper the SNP has produced is the best bit of fiction to come out of Scotland since Harry Potter. There's dozens of references to Norway, yet none that the cost of living over there is absolutely massive.
SVM 286

26th Nov 13 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Nonetheless, that's some pretty fucking cool GDP items as far as that sort of thing goes Ste

England makes hairdressers and (not so much after the advent of pakistan based customer centres) call centre workers.
rustyarchs

27th Nov 13 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotlands doing pretty well compared to England tbh

less people unemployed here,higher GDP, pension black hole separately isn't quite as bad as our life expectancy is lower (maybe not a good thing to brag about lol) were energy rich and export 25% of our electricity to yous were resource rich yeah fair enough oil and gas will eventually run out but oil alone is worth 120 odd billion to 1.5 trillion depending on who's figures you believe.

the UK might not want to buy ships in Scotland but heck were going to need our own navy to protect those fishing waters we get back so guess if we need more we will just need to build them ourselves then again might just buy some cheap once the UKs navy realize that they no longer can afford to run what they have and cant afford to swan about all over the world fighting people they should be

think that those point answered so blah
Ste
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 04:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Whiskey employs hardly any people. I've been to distilleries, even big ones only have about 12 people working there.

Then the war ships. I'm not sure the UK MOD will want to import war ships and lose money to Scotland so will bring that back to England. Then Scotland will be fucked as their oil industry is burning out.

One thing we certainly won't be should we become independent is fucked because all we make is war ships and whisky.

We make tea cakes, Irn Bru and haggis as well. Stereotypical, ignorant, bullshit

You forgot bottled water.

Time will tell, I'm not planning on argueing over the internet about it.

One thing I do notice is how bullshit the voting system is. I bet they will play Braveheart on TV the night before to rally all the children who are allowed to vote and who know nothing about their economy.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rustyarches, why would you need your own Naval Service when you've already got the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency. It's like the bullshit that is the Irish Navy which seemingly has no purpose at all other than to duplicate what they already have (separate customs, fisheries protection etc.) and they've never been to war.
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, feel free to build your own warships; it's owned by BAE so all profits effectively come back into the UK anyway, on top of which, Clyde is effectively an outfitters of the final ship-most ancillary components including all of the seaboats, machinery, navionics, comms and fixtures and fittings, ie the expensive bits come from the rest of the UK; Clyde only has, by comparison, the 'cheaper' element of fabrication and fit out for which you wouldn't even be buying the materials and consumables so aside from labour, barely any of the financials of a warship would go into the Scottish economy.

[Edited on 27-11-2013 by LiVe LeE]
Seany

27th Nov 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That may be true but it still employs thousands of people.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this means is people off cs will have to have their passports in order to go visiting Lawrah
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd think the same about offshore support but half the crews I work with are Eastern European and the majority of OSV companies are foreign owned or backed. VoS is from the Netherlands, Sentinel is Singapore, afaik, the Craig Group is the only Scottish owned OSV operator. Crews are all on seaman's/offshore tax allowance so again for a big money industry, very little ends up in the Scottish economy.

Going back to BAE, what about when they pull the plug overnight as they'd just done in Portsmouth? You can't put all your eggs in one basket.
Seany

27th Nov 13 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah saw a debate about the clyde/pompey scenario on tv. All to do with the yes no vote actually. I wasnt talking as much the money going to our government, more the fact its employing Scottish people. Having worked in a few yards over the years I'm glad im out of it. It wont be long until the chinese are building them for us.
Ben G

27th Nov 13 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As my other half and her family are from the land of the scots, I think I can give a fair unbiased view.

I asked her dad what he thought and he said scotland will fall into crippling debts and mass unemployment. You also won't be getting free uni or prescriptions.

Basically, you'll come running back to us for help.

[Edited on 27-11-2013 by Ben G]
Ben G

27th Nov 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So they want to be an idependant country but
They want our currency controlled by our bank
They want a chunk of our armed forces
They want the bbc

Is there any point?

Thats a shit poem mate.
AK

27th Nov 13 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

One thing I do notice is how bullshit the voting system is. I bet they will play Braveheart on TV the night before to rally all the children who are allowed to vote and who know nothing about their economy.

Yup, I can see this happening too

I'm on the fence just now.

Heart says yes
Head says no
Hammer

27th Nov 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

You forgot; agriculture, IT, banking, textiles, tourism, renewable energy and a whole load more but who's counting?

You bet they will play Braveheart? It couldn't be less subtle, the date is just after the Ryder Cup and Commonwealth games being held here and the vote being lowered to 16 is also solely to play on the raw emotion of teenagers. Every step has been calculated down to the actual wording of the question which took 6 months of debating to settle on.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope they fuck off. Sick of hearing about it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So they want to be an idependant country but
They want our currency controlled by our bank
They want a chunk of our armed forces
They want the bbc

Is there any point?

the Great British pound
The British Army

anything thing else?
stuartmitchell

27th Nov 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Dont worry mate, Mr Cameron will ensure that Trainspotting is on BBC (Primetime slot). Should hopefully balance things out a little.

Fucking Hell NO Camp here!
rustyarchs

27th Nov 13 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Rustyarches, why would you need your own Naval Service when you've already got the Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency. It's like the bullshit that is the Irish Navy which seemingly has no purpose at all other than to duplicate what they already have (separate customs, fisheries protection etc.) and they've never been to war.

well it would be rather unwise not to have a navy seeing as how much land is next to the water or shall we just throw rocks from the shore actually Ireland despite being classed as neutral has been part of the war in afganistan even if only as far as training and peacekeeping! they just dont go rushing in shooting everybody in any old battle, a lot cheaper that way

as for your other point the 3000 Scottish jobs involved that will pay taxes will be quite happy they can feel free to keep building and also BAE had already started consolidating most of its shipbuilding to glasgow so why on earth would they pull the plug?
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because shipbuilding in the UK is on its arse; the main BAE marine base will eventually centre around Astute and Elizabeth classes and be ultimately consolidated to Barrow. OSV production has disappeared from the UK, some are built in Spain but the majority are now being built in China-military ships will go the same way.
RichR
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and a naval force would be catagorically unnecessary for the Scots as it is for the Irish-by all means follow their economic lead....
rustyarchs

27th Nov 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh so your talking long term? yes i to think that shipbuilding is on the way out! but i think they will keep barrow mainly for the subs and portsmouth for maintenance and just start buying cheaper ships from abroad as we cant touch there labour costs
Baskey

27th Nov 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

English premiership = good

Scottish premiership = shit

This is what I'm basing my opinion on, Scotland should stay

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 23 database queries in 0.1894381 seconds