corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  65    66    67    68    69    70    71  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
28th Jul 14 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
As for Kimi, are we talking about the same Kimi who is sat 88 points behind his team mate this season? Ok.

Alonso I'll give you. I think hes the best in the sport at the minute. Very rarely fails to impress me.

The same Kimi who beat Hamilton in the 2007 title race

Mclaren won that title for him Fucking set of shambles they are.
JonnyJ

28th Jul 14 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Something that could be entered into the fray here, which IMO is often overlooked and is as relavent to Kimi's lack of performance as well as Lewis' "bad luck"

Garage is split into two, each driver having their own "team". It is clear that Alonso/Nico have the better selection in both teams.

F1 is a team race, not just the driver...

Cant comment too much on Kimis situation (though he does seem to have had more than his fair share of issues in comparison to Alonso) but i will defend Lewis' side of the garage here.

Australia was a small split in a piece of rubber pipe that caused his misfire. Hard to pin that on the team, especially if it split whilst the car was out, which i assume it must have done otherwise they'd have spotted the misfire on his installation lap.

Canada the fault happened on both cars. The team managed it in the same way for both but Lewis suffered more because he was running in hot air, the pit stop did it for him and his car went first, meaning they knew how they had to manage in on Nico's car. Just unfortunate and certainly not the fault of one side of the garage

Germany was a brake failure, they dont make the brakes and again it was just unfortunate the set that went on Lewis' car failed.

Hungary seems to be the only one that was preventable. Sounds like a mechanic hadn't fitted something right as the team have been very vocal in that they let Lewis down.
Rick Draper

28th Jul 14 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45The request was wrong, but Hamilton did not comply with the request and the team have said no actions will be taken towards hamilton because of that - even if they have reviewed it after the race and said it was the wrong call. at the time they thought it was right but he didn't bother.

Its very much the vettel story in which Hamilton will start to think he is above the team and make his own decisions

He needs managing better IMO

Showed up the Mercedes management IMHO as been very weak. I was thinking exactly the same as Brundle, in that would he have ignored the words of Ross Brawn? I think not.

He seem's to expect the team to get behind him and pamper to his every whim and then pulls a twattish trick like that when given a instruction by the management. Id be slashing all his fuel lines for the rest of the season. Also for team spirit in Merc will now be pretty much non existent.
JonnyJ

28th Jul 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone i wouldnt have called weak was Niki Lauda, who says Lewis was right to do what he did, as does nearly every respected F1 journalist, including Brundle.

Unlucky Rick, keep crying over Mclaren and their wanky weather radars
Jambo

28th Jul 14 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lauda is comedy gold, told Mattiachi the F14-T was "Shit"
JonnyJ

28th Jul 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 needs more people like Lauda. Fucking love the guy, i imagine he'd be great to have a pint with, probably end up in a scrap later on in the night though
Rick Draper

28th Jul 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Someone i wouldnt have called weak was Niki Lauda, who says Lewis was right to do what he did, as does nearly every respected F1 journalist, including Brundle.

Unlucky Rick, keep crying over Mclaren and their wanky weather radars

Lauda is just a mouthpiece. Has nothing to do with the running of the team on race day iirc and his only real noteworthy story of recent times is coming out with cuntish comments about another teams car, he has become nothing more than a laughing stock.

Wolff saying his piece:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207158/1/hamilton-cost-rosberg-win-chance-wolff.html
JonnyJ

28th Jul 14 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, well said Toto

"we cannot ask either driver to give up positions or jeopardise their own championship chances for the benefit of the team."
Cavey

28th Jul 14 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And nowhere in that piece did he say Hamilton was in the wrong? - if anything he was backing Lewis, as JJ has just said

[Edited on 28-07-2014 by Cavey]
Jambo

28th Jul 14 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially when they have been so audible on the "No team orders front, we want them to race" all season.
Rob_Quads

28th Jul 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly. He said the same after the race in Teds interview. Did it hold him up and cost him yes..... could you expect hamilton to loose places to let Rosberg win...not really no
whitter45

28th Jul 14 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like I have said, I think Hamilton was in his rights to remain in position but the TEAM asked him to let him through

So its expected now that Hamilton can disregard team orders and do what he wants

Not good for Merc or even Hamilton as you never know when the tables are reversed and he needs assistance from his team mate
Rob_Quads

28th Jul 14 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
like I have said, I think Hamilton was in his rights to remain in position but the TEAM asked him to let him through

So its expected now that Hamilton can disregard team orders and do what he wants

Not good for Merc or even Hamilton as you never know when the tables are reversed and he needs assistance from his team mate

Mercedes don't do team orders in that way and they have been very public about this in the past (which is why this was such a screw-up by them).

The only time they have done it in the past is when they have told both drivers the same i.e. limit your engine and don't challenge each other. Thats a very different order to "Let your biggest challenger in the championship through so he can beat you".

I don't think Hamilton would expect to be let through by Rosberg. Certainly won't happen this season.
Scotty_B

28th Jul 14 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did Hamilton not say after the message something along the lines of "tell him to catch up then"? This indicated to me that he would have let him through if he was all over him which he wasn't.

Rosberg should have thrown it up the inside and if he took both of them out so be it. Senna/Prost style.

[Edited on 28-07-2014 by Scotty_B]
Rob_Quads

28th Jul 14 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup - Hamilton said if he is right behind him he would let him go which is fair enough. If he catches up I will let him go but I am not going to lose seconds dropping back to let him through (which is fair enough).
Rick Draper

28th Jul 14 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yep, well said Toto

"we cannot ask either driver to give up positions or jeopardise their own championship chances for the benefit of the team."

Weak management then right there.
Aaron

31st Jul 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Yep, well said Toto

Weak management then right there.

Not really...because it would be a TOTALLY different message from the managers if there was another team anywhere close to Merc in the constructors championship (which, of course...is where the money is).

If Red Bull were too close for comfort in the constructors fight i think we'd have heard a Ross Brawn style order to let whichever driver pass the other.
JonnyJ

8th Aug 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Di Montezemolo leaves Ferrari, about time tbh, dinosaur. Still, a bit of a shock.

The cross eyed one will also officially quit McLaren.

Source is Scarbs.
Jambo

9th Aug 14 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he

Wtf!!! I didn't see the news and I'm on the press list FFS
Jambo

13th Aug 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's denied it
JonnyJ

14th Aug 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He's denied it

Bad news for Ferrari. They need rid of him
Jambo

14th Aug 14 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would agree, hes had a fair stint.

Although he was taken on by Enzo IIRC, and him leaving would be sad for Ferrari as thats another link gone. But I guess time change and things is inevitable.

Time for fresh blood perhaps
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Aug 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Report on the BBC saying JEV is being let go at the end of the season and being replaced by Max Verstappen...who's only 16 at the moment

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

19th Aug 14 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By all accounts he's a bit of a superstar. Must have something about him to be fast tracked to F1. Driving an F1 car at 17, that is insane. Certainly better than the 1.2 8v Corsa I was driving at 17
Dave

19th Aug 14 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine his insurance though

<<  65    66    67    68    69    70    71  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0348940 seconds