corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone tried carbotech brake pads?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone tried carbotech brake pads?
birchieboy

User status: Offline
16th Oct 13 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently running ds3000 for my track car but after 20-30 mins on track they do start to fade, not badly but they seem to loose their bite and I find myself applying more pressure to the pedal. I already run brake ducts, looking for a pad that will hold up under high temperatures. Seen reviews of the carbotech pad online but they only compare them to an oem pad or yellow stuff which IMO are like cardboard on track anyway.
Anyone had first hand use of a carbotech pad in a xp8 or xp10 compound?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Oct 13 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used RC6,PF & DS1.11 pads and they are excellent never had any fade with any of them and i brake hard.

Some people with meganes have used the XP10 but preferred others because of the dust they create.
Ojc

16th Oct 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes me.

I had some made up for my Astra VXR, I had to send off the backing plates from my old pads and they stuck their compound on.

I had the XP8 and they where phenomenal, need a strict bedding in process.

I always wanted four pots for it but after getting these pads wasn't needed.

Get them.
Ojc

16th Oct 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dust is an issue and they do discolour your wheels if you don't keep on top of cleaning them
birchieboy

16th Oct 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yes me.

I had some made up for my Astra VXR, I had to send off the backing plates from my old pads and they stuck their compound on.

I had the XP8 and they where phenomenal, need a strict bedding in process.

I always wanted four pots for it but after getting these pads wasn't needed.

Get them.

That's great thanks, going to measure up pad thickness and order the xp10's and give them a try in my next race
alan-g-w

16th Oct 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much was it for customs made up ojc?
smcGSI16V

16th Oct 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard nothing but good things about the XP8's amongst other 888 guys. Never used them myself as I stick with good old ds2500 which do me for my 4 pots.
Ojc

17th Oct 13 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 150 quid I think, can't remember x
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use pagids on the vx race car, never had issues with fade. Ive got rc5+ and ive never had fade but never been too hard on then.. Performance friction pads are worth a look also.
birchieboy

17th Oct 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
We use pagids on the vx race car, never had issues with fade. Ive got rc5+ and ive never had fade but never been too hard on then.. Performance friction pads are worth a look also.

Yeah that's the key to my requirements, I'm hard on the brakes for 45 minutes! Bit longer than time attack stints. I do rate the ds3000 but they just loose their edge after about 20 - 30 mins
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, they are shit compared to the stuff we use.

ask kyle what he thinks to his RC5+'s and you can even upgrade to the 6's now which are a hotter temp pad..
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used RC6 a few times just hate the cost of 230ish for 3track days but my god they are immense! i love my PF ones i have in now though not as noisy either.
birchieboy

17th Oct 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
tbh, they are shit compared to the stuff we use.

ask kyle what he thinks to his RC5+'s and you can even upgrade to the 6's now which are a hotter temp pad..

I'll have a look into these also then, checked out a few reviews between the xp10 and rc6 just now and the only different reported is pedal feel. Stopping distances seem to be similar. I must admit I'd not heard of carbon Lorraine before. Just will be considering this option to
Toby
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother is using the rc5+ in his r26. Would rate then above ds2500 but they haven't seen the type of performance you are wanting so not much help and I've never driven the ds3000.
AK

18th Oct 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised to hear you are having fade with DS3000s :O

They are a fairly aggressive pad, that can take a lot of heat. What brake fluid are you using?

We used to use DS3000 but switched to Carbotech because the DS3000 was very aggressive on discs.

The XP8 is a fast road/light track pad, like a DS2500.

The XP10, XP12 and XP16 are the ones to look at. I have 10, fee ran 12's in the GTR. I couldnt notice too much of a difference in them. Work much better than DS3000 from cold.
Ojc

18th Oct 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK recommend them to me, thanks x
birchieboy

21st Oct 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Surprised to hear you are having fade with DS3000s :O

They are a fairly aggressive pad, that can take a lot of heat. What brake fluid are you using?

We used to use DS3000 but switched to Carbotech because the DS3000 was very aggressive on discs.

The XP8 is a fast road/light track pad, like a DS2500.

The XP10, XP12 and XP16 are the ones to look at. I have 10, fee ran 12's in the GTR. I couldnt notice too much of a difference in them. Work much better than DS3000 from cold.

I was running Dot 5.1 racing fluid, not any particular make.

Them switched to willwood high temp fluid. Can't remember the full name to be honest.
They don't fade dramatically, they just don't have the same inital bite as they do in the first 15/20mins of the race. Find myself pressing the brake pedal down slightly further to get the car slowed down
Robin
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What brake setup do you have?
birchieboy

22nd Oct 13 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Midilite willwoods with 280 discs, Compbrake pedel box with .625 front and .7 rear masters, braided lines throughout, rear Corsa c disc conversion, willwood rear bias adjuster

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone tried carbotech brake pads? 22 database queries in 0.0136049 seconds