corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza Race Car - 22B Body

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Impreza Race Car - 22B Body
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Oct 13 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are 10/8, to be honest I'm a bit lost with this suspension. I've probably bought something way beyond my ability with regards to both driving and setup, so there's a likely chance that I'm riding around with a sub-optimal setup for my car/driving etc.

Some cheaper coilovers with an "all in one" adjustment would probably be more suited for my requirements at the moment. Thinking of a trip to Chevron at somepoint to see what they can do for me. It's a long trip but it's hard to ignore the recommendations for them.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

25th Oct 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are plenty guides to setup on the net (cause/effect etc)

Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah indeed, I've read a few but it's difficult to do any proper back to back testing... or at least I think it is, I'm not consistent enough on the track yet to be sure that changing X had a positive effect on Y etc, but not helped by the fact my only full track day was a morning of rain and then an afternoon of red flags and a drying track.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

25th Oct 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true

Its good to write your thoughrts down, so you know what X does when changed.

I normally sent Fee out full hard on compression and rebound, then dial it back from there. A lot will depend on the track too... flat/cambers etc etc
Ben J

27th Oct 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fucking about then guys!!
AK

27th Oct 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fee's been busy this morning

quote:
Originally posted by Fee

Fitted the new BC ERs on one side this morning....a bit of a pain in the ass trying to do it myself, but I got there in the end!

Will need to setup the top mounts properly when I get home, but she's made a start
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to rotate my top mounts like that before I next have alignment done.

I'm just trying to imagine the logistics of fitting a coilover with only one pair of hands

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

27th Oct 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do it all the time....

Rear screen is out to make the rears easy peasy
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's cheating

Dropping them out is easy but lifting them in and lining the bolts up is a right pain!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

27th Oct 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are your top mounts just rotated for camber just now?

Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. I've also got caster to gain by flipping my ALK brackets.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

27th Oct 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you wedge the ALK brackets as far fwd as possible in their slots. its the wishbone mount (that slots into ALK) that you flip

this thing

Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that's the bit I meant, didn't realise the ALK brackets were elongated though (assuming that's what you mean) so top tip!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

28th Oct 13 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, you can move the bracket a good 10mm or so with a wedged pry bar.

Be careful not to cross thread the alloy bottom arms... easy to do if trying to do it whilst the mount and alk are connected. I had to re-tap the white car because I rushed it. Blue one I just loosened everything off enough to get free play.
AK

7th Nov 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes fitted, susp fitted, rear arms fitted. Just need to re-jig the ARB drop links as its all a bit different when sitting much lower

Got some bits and bobs to sell... Whiteline stuff from my old car and this.

Yellow ALK, Solid rear drop links, front drop links

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WANT!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

29th Nov 13 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Newest issue of Banzai...

FMIC and rad mounted. FMIC is temp just now to try out some different options.

First off was the easiest. Main mount at top, outlet at the bottom.

I Think it might be a better option to flip it upside down to see how it works out. The pipes will have shorter runs at least, and I'll see about raising it a touch. The IC shape will prob match the hole too, but will blank/seal the end off anyway to stop air spitting over. Bumper is just thrown on in the pic. Will need a tiny bit of editing for the ETS cooler (4" from memory)

Fired in the bias valve too, will get lines connected at somepoint

AK

3rd Dec 13 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ETS Cooler flipped, and oil cooler trial fitted. Tight for space with big alu rad, and fat IC.... Couldnt mount it the same way as my Impreza :S

SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks better on the upside down setup, even looks like it was made for that bumper, surely more air efficient having it upside down loking at the pics
AK

3rd Dec 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd think it will be much more responsive... a shorter pipe run etc... BUT Russ Paton has just made a comment that it wont cool as well upside down. I can only think that it would be due to the hot air being at the top, where as the other way round the hotter air would be away from the outlet.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I'd think it will be much more responsive... a shorter pipe run etc... BUT Russ Paton has just made a comment that it wont cool as well upside down. I can only think that it would be due to the hot air being at the top, where as the other way round the hotter air would be away from the outlet.

no way you can re-locate the outlets?? keep the intercooler in the upside down position and move the outlets to the bottom?

would think that would keep the cooler air by the outlets while making best use of the surface area of the intercooler with the cut out in the bumper?

or even maybe put them in the middle as a compromise between cooler outlet air and shorter pipe return?
AK

3rd Dec 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not with this IC, i wouldnt start chopping off end tanks. Rather get a custom one made.

Fitting it the 'right' way round means the pipes are at the bottom = longer runs. The only reason I flipped it was for the shorter pipework. The front bumper will have blanks inserted to stop air spilling over, so the end tanks will get covered really
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a fantastic place near me that makes custom rads + Intercoolers. Quite cheap too
AK

19th Dec 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tiny update.... but one none the less!

With the engine being weeks away now, its time to get all the smaller forgotten things sorted out...

PCV blocked off on inlet

Fuel Rails, injectors, FPR, rear brake flexis, air filter, steering wheel buttons panel - All needing sourced
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Dec 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i have a go once its done?

[Edited on 19-12-2013 by chris_uk]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Impreza Race Car - 22B Body 24 database queries in 0.2152150 seconds