corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Seat removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seat removal
Anty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Oct 13 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any How to Guides on how to remove a drivers Front seat.. More door

The drivers side is leaning to one side, i heard a pop noise as i sat down.

RCorsa

4th Oct 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on model if it has airbags disconnect battery, unplug pre-tensioners. Unscrew the plastic runner covers, slide seat forward with adjuster, undo bolts, slide it all the way back, undo front bolts. Out it comes, easy enough
corsajay88

5th Oct 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the little red safety catches in the pretensioner before you do anything. Removing the plastic next to the seat on the door side will give you access to this
csifku

5th Oct 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car ? corsa b or corsa c ? I know about corsa b, put some WD-40 under the car where r the bolts and use torx i think is T30 if im not wrong .... , tka ethe two rear bolts out and lift the seat and slide it forward and its out
Jamie-C

5th Oct 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful, they snap
RCorsa

5th Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csifku
what car ? corsa b or corsa c ? I know about corsa b, put some WD-40 under the car where r the bolts and use torx i think is T30 if im not wrong .... , tka ethe two rear bolts out and lift the seat and slide it forward and its out

Good point! I presumed it was a C for some reason... Anyway yes, just two bolts on a B, four on a C.
csifku

5th Oct 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCorsa
quote:
Originally posted by csifku

Good point! I presumed it was a C for some reason... Anyway yes, just two bolts on a B, four on a C.

its just hard to asnwer mate when we dont know what car they talk about for :-/
Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found it more hassle but easier and less likely to knacker up the torx bolts by undoing the four that hold the seat to the subframe and then deal with the subframe as a seperate job.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Oct 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use the biggest drive you can, its T50 ish isn't it?

Half inch drive on a big breaker to start them all, be reet. They're only going to chew if you're straining with not much leverage and it slips.

New Poll