corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Broken ipad

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken ipad
Neil Dagens

User status: Offline
30th Jul 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking for a bit of advice really. My ipad 3 broke last week, so took it to a local company to have a look at it (they also replaced a smashed screen for me in April). My thoughts were that it just needed a new display, as I could hear it making all the noises but nothing on the screen at all? Today they got back to me and said that not only has the screen burnt out but it has also fried several components on the 'board' inside? Sorry about the terminology, I can't remember what the bits called! He's had a look online and said others have had the same issue and that it can't be repaired.

I originally bought the ipad from an apple store in Hawaii last September, pretty sure I still have the receipt somewhere too. I just want to know whether I can take it back to an apple store under a warranty? If there is one? Or whether as its been looked at/taken apart by another company anything I did have to go back on would be void?
WATSON

30th Jul 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id imagine warranty would be void due to another company opening it up.

I know apple do replacements on iPhones for around £130 but no idea on the ipads.
Cavey

30th Jul 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What warranty did the other company give to you? seeing as by the sound of it they've fitted a 3rd party screen which has malfunctioned and fucked the rest of it?

If they can tell its been changed they'll probably tell you to gtf
Neil Dagens

30th Jul 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other company gave me a 3 month warranty, which was the main reason I went back to them, as I thought it was a part they'd fitted. But they only changed the screen and digitiser so the part wasn't covered. Obviously the problem I'd have is proving that it may have been a result of work they'd done? But as there are other cases of this happening I'm not sure they'd take that?
Think ill give apple a ring tomorrow and see what they say!
Rob_Quads

30th Jul 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was only bought in September you should be fine BUT it may get totally rejected now you have had an aftermarket screen fitted. They may not even offer the normal repair service

How much did it cost to do the screen the first time round?
LeeM

30th Jul 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to apple, ask whats wrong and whats caused it, ask them for a repair or cost of repair.
the pessimist in me thinks the damage could be down to the latest repair job
Tiger

31st Jul 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any warranty will be void as mentioned. If they see its had an aftermarket screen Apple won't touch it with a stolen hand.

New Poll