corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New TV

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New TV
DaSess

User status: Offline
21st Jul 13 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very intrigued by this, what is the best settings to have your tv on?

And in response to all that I have seen tv a want its basically the version up from my Samsung and I want 60" but can't afford it, seen a good deal on Panasonic and thought about it but decided against the idea.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jul 13 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaSess
Very intrigued by this, what is the best settings to have your tv on?
Whatever you prefer.

From a technical point of view the "best" setting would be the most neutral setting in the sense that it truthfully displays the image sent to it.

Altering the lightness, contrast and saturation can (and will) create clipping in highlights, shadows and colour graduations. Visually this causes loss of detail. For instance a dark grey and completely black may appear the same. A pure shade of red may be indiscernible from a slightly desaturated shade of red, and so on. This is called clipping.

Increasing sharpening can (and will) create artefacts or halos around edges.

Balling
Premium Member

21st Jul 13 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth adding that the standard settings of a TV are never the most optimal.

DaSess

21st Jul 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want the best picture possible from my tv and any help on settings to set would be helpful, will try any settings and give feedback on all settings recommended, so here the tv i have:
http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_UE46D6530_46_inch_400hz_3D_LED_TV_UE46D6530WKXXU/version.asp

so took some pictures of the menu settings for the picture settings:

Cavey

21st Jul 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search for your model number on avforums.com and it should give you the settings some John-like person has come up with.

Pick whichever of those 4 you like the least and change them on that option, then if you don't like it just go back to Dynamic or whatever you're on now.
Nismo

22nd Jul 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fed up of trying to buy a TV

I want a 55"-60" <£1000 and when ever i find one I like the sound / look of i read reviews and always find negative points that put me off

my LG plasma is giving up, the screen is playing up every now and again.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New TV 25 database queries in 0.0105121 seconds