corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bridge Cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bridge Cameras
XE Col
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jul 13 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to buy a bridge camera to get in to a bit of photography.
Purely for my own benefit, not looking to go into business here.
My reasons for a bridge camera are they are a fraction of the price of a dslr, so if I decide it's not for me I haven't lost much.
Also they seem to have a lot more option to play with settings than just a compact digital cam.

Any advise on what's good?
Been looking at this...
http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/finepix-s4200-white-refurbished.html
Refurbished so comes with 12 months warranty and seems a lot of goods for the money.
Not looking to spend a fortune at the moment as like I say I'm a complete novice, using only phone and cheap point and shoot digital cams before.

Any other cameras I should be looking at?

Thanks all.
XE Col
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
BluKoo

10th Jul 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photography is really addictive, so I'd just bite the bullet and go for a DSLR. It'll save you getting a bridge, then buying a DSLR further down the line.

I'm afraid I can't help you when it comes to bridge cameras.
Whittie

11th Jul 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree with the above, completely.

Why run before you can walk. No point in buying something more advanced than you need, incase you don't get into it.

You can learn a lot from a bridge, and if you get into photography you can get used to all the settings ready for the step to a dslr.

Have a look at the below; seem to come out best.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Fujifilm FinePix X10
Nikon Coolpix P7000
Canon PowerShot G12 / G15
BluKoo

11th Jul 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think an SLR is going to be any more complicated than a bridge. To get the best out of the bridge you'll still want to play about with and understand shutter speed, aperture and ISO.
XE Col
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.
As I say, the reason I'm going for a bridge is incase I don't take to it. Worst case is I would keep it and just use on auto mode if it wasn't for me.
A dslr is a bit too costly to do that with.
I'll take a look at those,
Cheers whittie .
Scotty_B

11th Jul 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember that you will sell a dslr and lose virtually no money. Even the bottom of the Nikon or Canon range will be a huge step up on quality. Bridge cameras are limited and wont give you the full photography experience.
AndyKent

12th Jul 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to agree with Whittie.

Bridge cameras are cheap enough that if you do sell on you won't lose much.

Owning my DSLR is now a complete waste as I generally find it too big and heavy to carry around, I'd prefer a bridge so that I actually take pictures again.

I'm sure Doug would also agree, he did the exact same.
XE Col
Premium Member

12th Jul 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why it's what I'm looking at, for a small price I can use some of the settings I can use on dslr albeit they may be limited, but will give me an insight to see if it's something I'm going to be interested in pursuing further.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jul 13 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Got to agree with Whittie.

Bridge cameras are cheap enough that if you do sell on you won't lose much.

Owning my DSLR is now a complete waste as I generally find it too big and heavy to carry around, I'd prefer a bridge so that I actually take pictures again.

I'm sure Doug would also agree, he did the exact same.
Agree with all of this.

X10 owner here. Currently enjoying having an incredible amount of funcionality, quality and versatility with me all around London.

Would Need to carry a pretty hefty bag of equipment to match the X10 with a DSLR.
Not to mention the in-camera filters, HDR and panorama stitching, that'd otherwise need postprocessing.

derick-sport

12th Aug 13 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Samsung galaxy smart camera, picked it up yesterday after having a dslr, will not be going back!
Balling
Premium Member

12th Aug 13 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're on about that white one they came out with a while back, then it's just a regular point and shoot with an advanced OS and large touch screen.

If you're on about the Galaxy NX system, then I hope you got a better deal than the prices I've seen flying around.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bridge Cameras 24 database queries in 0.0137470 seconds