corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Replacing Mark Webber

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing Mark Webber
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jul 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these idiots would be useless in a war, would start attacking there own soldiers because they think it makes them cool and different.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be on the winning side though.
Ryan

9th Jul 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I don't hate England, but I don't hate Mercedes GP either. I'd still think Rooney was a cunt if he played for Crewe, we've got players now that I know for a fact are cunts
Ryan

9th Jul 13 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
these idiots would be useless in a war, would start attacking there own soldiers because they think it makes them cool and different.

Couldn't you say the same about everyone in the F1 thread slating Button? He's English (and won as many drivers championships as Hamilton) but it's ok not to support him?
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His attitude, IMO, is that of a multi championship winner. He's not. Someone needs to remind him.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to be like that imo in these things, arrogance is half of the talent
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Couldn't you say the same about everyone in the F1 thread slating Button? He's English (and won as many drivers championships as Hamilton) but it's ok not to support him?

I only do that to wind people in here up though

Theres folks who seem to want to see him lose, which makes no sense to me, hes one of us. I dont rate JB at all, i also think hes boring as fuck to watch race, but i dont cheer when he retires. There was a few people in here cheering when Lewis' tyre went and he was leading our home GP and whats more he really wanted to win it for the fans, so why do people slate him? They seem to judge him on his comments made a few minutes after a GP, if hes not won, of course hes going to be moody, every F1 driver is like that, Kimi is, JB is, Alonso is, Vettel is. FWIW a lot of pundits also say hes a lovely lad to be around off track, he also puts a lot of work into kids charities, so you cant base an opinion on him on some interviews after a bad race, the drivers hate them, unless they won of course.

He deserves to be a multi world champion but F1 is a cruel sport like that, you can be the best driver in the world, but if you dont have the equipment, you're fucked. This era of RB dominence is annoying as it is impressive, theres nothing you can do about it if you're not in that car. Lewis knows hes quick, other drivers know hes quick, Alonso rates him massively, the team principles rate him, thats why Merc broke the bank to get him and why Mclaren tried to do the same to keep him, yet he only has 1 title to show for it, I'd be fucked off too. Hes every bit as good as Vettel, but the stats say hes far superior. Far superior than any driver on the grid in fact, just shows how misleading stats in F1 can be.

Lewis doesnt hide the fact he idolised Senna, he wants to leave a legacy like him, be a multi world champion like him and hes seeing his best years slip by because no one can build a car like Adrian Newey. Thats not to take anything away from Vettel, hes clearly word class but with his skill and that car, they're unbeatable, which means drivers like Alonso, Hamilton and Kimi cant do anything, it must be frustrating as fuck. Lewis just wants similar equipment so he can at least push him, i think he'd be first to hold up his hands and say "fair play" if Vettel beat him in the same car.

But anyway, if people want to hate him thats fine by me, i just think its odd that we've clearly got a very special talent racing for us and people want to see him fail instead of enjoying what he can do. That lap he produced at Silverstone the other week for pole was brilliant, im glad i could enjoy it while the rest of you grumpy fucks sat grumbling away in your armchairs because you dont like his beard
Robin
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or his ear rings.
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye those too, cant forget the ear rings
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame journos like Andrew Benson for half of the Lewis hate tbh.

I agree that Lewis has had a few questionable interviews in his time, but the vast majority he is humble and apologetic to the team/fans if he's at fault. "That's Motor racing" seems to be his phrase at the moment when he has a bad result.

Every driver of note has quesionable interviews, ALL of them. When Kimi is a cock, it's "cool" and when Webber is a cock he's "honest and down to earth" and when Senna storms off straight back to his apartment... he's a "legend".

When Lewis throws his toys out, he's "been spending too much time with rappers and is a primadona".

I single out Andrew Benson because he just seems to love riling up the British public in terms of Lewis. I think it was after the Monaco qualifying this year, his headline was something like:

"Lewis blames brakes whilst team-mate takes pole".

It all came down to one quote Lewis made in an interview which was along the lines of:

"I felt uncomfortable on the brakes and was unable to push".

I read into that quote and see it as a confession of not being "in the zone" for that session which happens to all drivers. Benson's article made Lewis out to be blaming the car and slagging off his engineers.

I'd love for some of the Lewis haters to quantify their claims with some quotes and/or interviews, and I bet I can match them with equivalents from other drivers of choice.

He may not be a multiple champ yet, but he throws cars around like nobody else and is an absolute joy to watch. If he finishes his career with a single WDC, he'll still go down as one of the best but it'll be a great injustice.

For the record, I dislike Button because I think he's slow and I'm quite enjoying watching Perez bully him on track this year

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle my back up has arrived

Benson is a fucking CUNT of the highest order. Took sly digs at Lewis for his move to Merc last season, thats backfired on him
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said several times, its a British thing. Its almost like we deliberately slate so that if they do mess up, we can say they are shit like we knew it all along
I like Hamilton for the fact he drives like a loon at times. Button is fucking boring. It may be effective at times, but there is absolutely no thrill in that what so ever. Hamilton's overtake on the outside basically sums up his mentality. No guts, no glory and all that.
Murray is another example of the expected failure. Scottish or British, it was a massive win for a British citizen. We are a fucked up, grumpy nation
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Benson is a fucking CUNT of the highest order. Took sly digs at Lewis for his move to Merc last season, thats backfired on him

We should discuss Hamilton over rare steak and brandy sometime.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

Im all over that (except for the brandy, pint of Johns for me )
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
As said several times, its a British thing. Its almost like we deliberately slate so that if they do mess up, we can say they are shit like we knew it all along
I like Hamilton for the fact he drives like a loon at times. Button is fucking boring. It may be effective at times, but there is absolutely no thrill in that what so ever. Hamilton's overtake on the outside basically sums up his mentality. No guts, no glory and all that.
Murray is another example of the expected failure. Scottish or British, it was a massive win for a British citizen. We are a fucked up, grumpy nation

This is why i love Lewis so much, hes such a joy to watch and he never gives up, even if its hopeless. Silverstone 2011 vs Massa at the last corner of the last lap was brilliant, same when he battled Alonso in '12 despite his tyres been gone, he'll never just give up a position, even if he knows its a formality hes losing it. Its usually detrimental to his race, but i wish more drivers would be like that, its a fucking race not a game of chess.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ace, we should make it so.

I hate brandy too, I just wanted to sound posh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Properly off topic now, but I think Alonso v Hamilton wheel to wheel is by far the best in the sport. Everytime they're sharing the track it seems to be a multi corner drama, love it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck Mark Webber, hes shite this is now the Lewis fan boy thread.

Definitely agree, theres a huge amount of respect between the two of them, despite what happened in 2007. I think thats why its so brilliant to watch them battle, neither give up, but they always give each other just enough room.
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ace, we should make it so.

I hate brandy too, I just wanted to sound posh.

Shame im not living in Selby anymore, would've been ideal
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can have Kyle's steak? But with a flatliner. Nae half measures.
Ben G

9th Jul 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I join the steak dinner? We can also talk about how anti lewis daniel corsa is, and how he wants to insert his penis into massas bottom.

Fact is, lewis hamilton is the best and most entertaining driver on the grid right now imo. Alonso and kimi are fascinating to warch, but lewis' balls out driving style is what I want to see, not someone trying to nurse tyres and fuel.
JonnyJ

9th Jul 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking flatliner Just looking at one of those gives me a hangover
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jul 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jessie. Flatliners actually taste lovely But I'd rather a bottle of red in the house now
chrisr195

23rd Jul 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I like Kimi because he is a playboy, he's as close to a 70s driver as you'll get, back when it was all about the parties, smoking on the grid pre race and having sex just before the race. That's Kimi all over.

I dislike Lewis because he's SUCH a sore loser. Stamps his feet and hides in his trailer. He's also got stupid facial hair.
button is the worst when he not winning the car is to blame this and that. its his job to set the car up for him and driving style.
whitter45

24th Jul 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Can I join the steak dinner? We can also talk about how anti lewis daniel corsa is, and how he wants to insert his penis into massas bottom.

Fact is, lewis hamilton is the best and most entertaining driver on the grid right now imo. Alonso and kimi are fascinating to warch, but lewis' balls out driving style is what I want to see, not someone trying to nurse tyres and fuel.

Alonso far more entertaining to watch as a driver than Lewis (IMO of course)

Also feel Alonso is the best driver on the grid

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Replacing Mark Webber 24 database queries in 0.1081300 seconds