corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 Corsa GSi 16v
Mark.W

User status: Offline
21st Jun 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were the inlets not suppose to be black on these?
Ian W

21st Jun 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the early C16XE yes, this is the later X16XE.
Jason x
Premium Member

21st Jun 15 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look good with colour coded handles and low, assuming your going to be keeping it standard though?
Mark.W

21st Jun 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
On the early C16XE yes, this is the later X16XE.

I always thought all GSi's were c16xe.
Ian W

21st Jun 15 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Would look good with colour coded handles and low, assuming your going to be keeping it standard though?

Will be going lower at some point, same as my old one...

Won't be bothering with colour coded handles I don't think.
anthcorsa

21st Jun 15 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That drivers rear jacking cover doesn't look as though it sits flush. Might jus be the photo tbh, I thought these were odd to get to fit properly these I trial fitted mine and they fit awful lol. Looks a lush car tho this, need to take your hand to that bay tho Ian lad lol
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

21st Jun 15 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really clean Ian.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Ian W

22nd Jun 15 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa
That drivers rear jacking cover doesn't look as though it sits flush. Might jus be the photo tbh, I thought these were odd to get to fit properly these I trial fitted mine and they fit awful lol. Looks a lush car tho this, need to take your hand to that bay tho Ian lad lol

The drivers rear cover is genuine and fits really bad, it seems to want to push it self out. I have bonded it on but it's not 100%! I'll get there in the end

100% better than it was previously though!
anthcorsa

22nd Jun 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aw I know what you mean. My rears were c@nts to fit! Made me wonder how chavs whip them off so easily lol.
Ian W

22nd Jun 15 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I don't know weather to screw all mine on, then again, does that mean the entire skirts would get pinched instead?

Luckily I don't tend to leave it parked up anywhere and it lives in the garage at home.

Have you MOT'd yours now?
anthcorsa

22nd Jun 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahaha love it! And no not yet don't get paid until Friday but was thinking of fitting my coilovers first tbh. They should be here any day now. Got some brand spankers of ebay the other night. Then il put it in for a test after I've painted some bits n bobs. The breaks are awfully spongy though, but I've bled them twice, can't think why they're that bad
Ian W

22nd Jun 15 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers! Good purchase!

I was going to buy some second hand gaz rears last night from the facebook group but the guy wouldn't supply any pictures and had a really dodgy name so didn't bother

Are you sure the brakes are that bad? I always think mine are crap but I am used to my TT which is slightly better in the tech department
anthcorsa

22nd Jun 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers man, paid a little more and got so me fk aks as I've always used them with no bother. Gazs are the gold standard but I don't plan on tracking it or anything and fks will be fine for me. Yeah I drive a a3 daily so I'm not sure if it's because the brakes are so sensitive on that but they are really spongy Imo
oJNAo
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Coilovers! Good purchase!

I was going to buy some second hand gaz rears last night from the facebook group but the guy wouldn't supply any pictures and had a really dodgy name so didn't bother

I saw that Facebook post, there was a guy on here a while back that offered to sell me his rear gaz coilies for £80 and they were in very good condition! His username is CharlesH but I'm unsure if he still has them
Mark.W

22nd Jun 15 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-low-Vauxhall-Nova-Corsa-Gaz-adjustable-rear-coilovers-with-springs-/201359949385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee1fcfe49
Ian W

2nd Jul 15 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of an update but been buying bits and bobs for this, picking some stuff up at Billing

Stuck my rear number plate back on last night so hopefully when I open up the garage tonight it will still be fully stuck down!

Need to do a few jobs before Billing, clean all the wheels properly and ideally wax them, give the car another wax and clean the interior.

As with every other show I am sure it will all be last minute
Col004

2nd Jul 15 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What stand you on Ian? I'll have a walk over and take a look at this. It's looking good mate

[Edited on 02-07-2015 by Col004]
Ian W

2nd Jul 15 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport

It's not mint by any means but for an old Corsa it's pretty good

There is only one really nasty patch on the whole car and I am picking up a new panel to sort that while at Billing
Col004

2nd Jul 15 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian W

6th Jul 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few more jobs done this weekend, airbag bulb removed and fixed my MFD which randomly went off

Also replaced the headunit cage so it sits straight and plugged the aerial in so I can get radio reception.

Hoping to play with the damping adjustment on the front coil overs before the drive to Billing at the weekend, it's stiffer than it needs to be and some extra comfort wouldn't go a miss

Ideally to be done before Billing...

Figure out how to fit the bottom of an non airbag steering column to my airbag steering column
Clean up drivers seat and hoover interior.
Give the alloys a good clean as the inner rim is black.
Clean up the engine bay slightly

Then give it a clean - let's see how it goes as I only have two days of decent weather forcast
anthcorsa

6th Jul 15 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Few more jobs done this weekend, airbag bulb removed and fixed my MFD which randomly went off

Also replaced the headunit cage so it sits straight and plugged the aerial in so I can get radio reception.

Hoping to play with the damping adjustment on the front coil overs before the drive to Billing at the weekend, it's stiffer than it needs to be and some extra comfort wouldn't go a miss

Ideally to be done before Billing...

Figure out how to fit the bottom of an non airbag steering column to my airbag steering column

Clean up drivers seat and hoover interior.
Give the alloys a good clean as the inner rim is black.
Clean up the engine bay slightly

Then give it a clean - let's see how it goes as I only have two days of decent weather forcast

If your MFD keeps flickering on/off give us a message but as I have a spare one. Can't wait to see some pics of it at Billing, wish I was going!! Maybee next time when its road worthy lol
Ian W

6th Jul 15 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

I get the feeling it won't look great next to all the actual 'show' cars

It's still wearing it's original paint and isn't up to my usual standard yet It'll do though, no rush to get it 'finished'
Ian W

11th Jul 15 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this week didn't go to plan, been bed ridden for the last few days but thankfully managed to recover last night, sadly this means my pre-Billing plans have been ruined and didn't have time to do anything on my list

Also meant I decided that camping wasn't going to be possible as I can't bear the thought of BBQ food and beer right now so Billing is just a day trip for me now

Got cracking today and started well...

Shiny again

Then we went out to pick up some supplies and fill the tank, this resulted in returning home and this..

Turns out the pipe that runs from the filler neck to the tank is split both ends so as I brimmed the tank is was pissing out fuel

Decided the easiest solution at this point was just to pump out 5 litres into a jerry can and luckily this has fixed this issue

All being well I will be down there for 9am tomorrrow
Col004

12th Jul 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to meet you (again ) mate.

Good one with the find too mate. Always a good weekend when you come away with a needed part.

[Edited on 12-07-2015 by Col004]
--ToM--

12th Jul 15 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jacking cover by any chance?

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v 24 database queries in 0.1116970 seconds