corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 Corsa GSi 16v
Daimo B

User status: Offline
8th Jan 21 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh its got another 1000+rpm of power to give yet, think our 1.6 was just over 7500rpm. She used a proper mantzel superchip and was setup by mantzel but it bloody shifted for a 1.6 even with all the kit on. Just IIRC they needed rod bolts for that safe rpm.

Their demo car had cams in as well, shot off the speedo pretty well. Slightly quicker than a standard 2.0 conversion I'd say. Deffo on the right track with your bits so far.
Ian W

8th Jan 21 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Ohhh its got another 1000+rpm of power to give yet, think our 1.6 was just over 7500rpm. She used a proper mantzel superchip and was setup by mantzel but it bloody shifted for a 1.6 even with all the kit on. Just IIRC they needed rod bolts for that safe rpm.

Their demo car had cams in as well, shot off the speedo pretty well. Slightly quicker than a standard 2.0 conversion I'd say. Deffo on the right track with your bits so far.

I am very happy with the 1600, revs really well and when I have played with my mate in his 2.0, there really isn't that much in it tbh.

Certainly looking to squeeze a bit more out of it, it is so much more fun having a smaller engine and having to give it a proper kicking than a 300bhp at your toes daily.

Bay got a tidy up last year:

[Edited on 11-01-2021 by Ian W]
Daimo B

28th Jan 21 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think from memory, depending on your setup (cams etc) they can make power up to 8000rpm, the little lumps love revving. THink one on here used to rev up to 10500rpm but that had TB on it!! The manztel demo car though, used to see the end of the speedo quite easily. It even had the standard wheels on it

<<  26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1995 Corsa GSi 16v 23 database queries in 0.0369160 seconds