corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake pedal travel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake pedal travel
john_redtop

User status: Offline
31st May 13 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all Ive just replaced my rear brake cylinders on my corsa B 20xe Ive bleed all 4 corners starting furthest away from brake servo and working my way towards it with each corner all air seems to be out. brakes do work and do lock up but there is to much travel in the pedal way more than there was before i changed the rear cylinders. is there anything i can try/do to make the pedal better?

cheers
johnhara1

31st May 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you adjust the rear shoes up so the drum is snug on the shoe when you put the drum back on?

99% that will be your problem.

monkeytwizzel

31st May 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above has said but if you have done that when fitting then they may just want bedding in so just give them a few days.New shoes old drums or just replaced cylinders?
john_redtop

29th Jun 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turned out I had been supplied the wrong brake cylinders got the correct ones and was spot on
monkeytwizzel

29th Jun 13 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good that you have got it fixed now,there is nothing worse than a fault that you can`t find.

New Poll