corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S Daily - Return of the hate - pg14

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Cooper S Daily - Return of the hate - pg14
mwg

User status: Offline
12th Jun 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't have some after market alloys on without lowering it. But at the same time I would want matching tyres
mwg

12th Jun 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that really a moral dilemma anyway?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No help
mwg

12th Jun 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably get the tyres changed and get coilovers and put it all on a credit card. Pay off before interest starts. Should get best part of 2 months to pay it off
taylorboosh

12th Jun 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilovers for me like
Robin
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you've ordered a set of Tansy Loves.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should spend the money on a track day...
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HERE WE GO
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 month and 1 week before my thread started to get trolled, im surprised it took that long
mwg

12th Jun 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what I said IMO
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want to touch credit cards
taylorboosh

12th Jun 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers you man
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
1 month and 1 week before my thread started to get trolled, im surprised it took that long

Its not trolled its a valid point. You have a capable track car yet don't go on the track for an OPL just 15mins wonder sessions occasionally. You should use it. you built it get on with driving what you built it for! there is plenty of people on here that would do a track day with you & can hold your hand
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives a shit? is when I use my puma really what troubles your mind day in day out?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Who gives a shit? is when I use my puma really what troubles your mind day in day out?

Not at all. Just seems a waste that you put in all this effort then to put it under a cover and not use it for the purpose you spent time and money on. I could under stand if the car was worth ££££££ but its a 2-3k track puma that isn't getting used, just don't see the point in doing something like that but then not to use it.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go and reply in my puma thread where it will get ignored if it bothers you that much.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Go and reply in my puma thread where it will get ignored if it bothers you that much.

I would but it gets ignored there. So i'd rather do it here x
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look, just get your ass to mars
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baby, you make me wish I had three hands.
Phil W

12th Jun 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I HAVE A MORAL DILEMMA

At the moment I have two almost new Continental Sport contact 3s on the rear that I will be swapping to the new wheels.

I have two shitty hankook tyres on the front but still with plenty of tread left.

I can either buy another 2 matching Continental Tyres for the fronts at a cost of £260, or get the Hankooks transferred across and buy some AP coilovers instead??

Get two more Conti's, sell Hankooks on.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the hankooks shitty because they're shitty Steve, or because they're not a big name brand?
Ben G

12th Jun 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep hankooks and buy coilovers.

also, why not put conti's on the front as it's fwd? surely the better tyre will be better off on the front.

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Are the hankooks shitty because they're shiry Steve, or because they're not a big name brand?

I just prefer having 4 matching tyres and the Conti s are better than the hankooks imo
taylorboosh

12th Jun 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy part worn contis and sell hankooks... Buy coilovers
Robin
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
keep hankooks and buy coilovers.

also, why not put conti's on the front as it's fwd? surely the better tyre will be better off on the front.

[Edited on 12-06-2013 by Ben G]

Better off with the 'better' tyre on the rear as understeer is a lot easier to deal with than snap oversteer.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S Daily - Return of the hate - pg14 23 database queries in 0.1965358 seconds