corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B Water Pump Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Water Pump Problem
KiZZER

User status: Offline
4th May 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just recently came across a tapping noise from the engine, sounds like something spinning around & gets louder when I put my foot down & give it some gas, took my Corsa to a local garage which they identified the problem as the water pump & said id need a new one, is this a common problem with Corsa Bs? & whats the usual problem with a water pump failure? What causes the problem? Just general wear & tear because of the age of the car?

Looking to buy a water pump online but ive come across a situation where theres 2 types of pumps for a Corsa, a SWP1102 Pierburg pump & a SWP1122 SHW pump, little confused on which one is right for my Corsa? Mines a 1999 SXI 1.2 16v if that helps?

If anybody has got any answers to my questions or could be any help, that would be great!

[Edited on 04-05-2013 by KiZZER]
davidm

4th May 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sounds like waterpump just the bearing gets noisy mine was bad on my sport. took the pump.out was very little play but what a noise think its due to wear and.tear and also not using anti-freeze as it acts as a lubricant
KiZZER

4th May 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, cheers mate

Dont suppose you know which pump I should be getting for my Corsa?
davidm

4th May 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not to sure i reckon the 2 types are for x12xe and.z12xe u need.x12xe pal

New Poll