corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rad probs :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rad probs :(
corsaboi1992

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all got a bit of a prob last week i was running me motor at tickover and all of a sudden BANG a big cloud of white smoke engine was still running terned it off rad water every where from the res bubbleing to im guessing air block. there was no water left after that so took the lid off toped it to the line....fan never kicked in nor did the water feed threw. any ideas would the thermostat of gone down on me. (oh btw head gasket is fine ) and its on a 1.2 8v any help will be great thanks jack
jpsg05

22nd Mar 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah pos thermostat or the water pump but iam not sure runs off the timing belt
corsaboi1992

22nd Mar 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope it that then its an easy and cheap fix
Root

22nd Mar 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove your water pump and inspect that it is all intact. Usually when they go, your cambelt will snap or fall off as the water pump will sieze, the mechanism of the water pump is very simple, just a few rotating pieces.

If the water pump appears to be okay, I suggest refitting it, filling with water, turn engine over by hand a few times to be safe that your pump does in fact operate (could snap your belt if you use the engine to do this).

If it's not the water pump, I'm not sure, these car's can run properly without a working thermostat but if it was at tickover, it could of overheated if the fan didn't work. Try testing it does work.

New Poll