corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » quick XE question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick XE question
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
17th Jun 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay all just wondering where i can get a small fan for my xe'd gsi the one thats on there is a little close to the exhaust manifold, as im replacing the rad and re mounting the rad further forwards and moving the oil/gear oil cooler in front of the metal bar that runs behind the bumper, just wondering if anyone knows anyone who makes them for the corsa rad's?
Also anyone made up extended top rad mounts before? Any tips... As the reason im changing the rad is because the tit who had the car before me went and cut the bottom lugs off the origenal rad and shoved it forwards at a angle.....

Thanks
Rich
Limecat
Banned

17th Jun 08 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a pacet fan, you get universal clips that push through the rad fins and pull tight in a similar way to a tie wrap.

You can get them from www.raldes.com (or .co.uk?). It may also be worth you looking into Kenlowe or the like?

Why extend the upper rad mounts? That will lean the rad in further to the manifold causing more clearance issues. What I did was to push the rad under the front panel and invert the OE brackets, fitting them blind, so it held the rad forward.

Hope that helps.
Richardhhha

17th Jun 08 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is how the rad will be fitted, i am going to make my own rad mounts because the old ones well there's only 1 of them (other was never there) and 2 there's no mounting holes where i want the rad, and i don't want it to be at any angles...
Dean_W

17th Jun 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone mentioned some in a thread other day, but can't find it!!

Crappy search rubbish thingy jiggy mibob
Rybo

17th Jun 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a fiesta rs turbo standard one (it was a fiver from the scrappy,it fitted in front as mentioned above but i did have to make my own brackets...

New Poll