corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear beam help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear beam help
gary2097

User status: Offline
3rd May 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story short i had an annoying clanging coming from the rear. I found what it was the rear stabiliser bar that runs through the rear beam. I thought i had missed the bolts out but hadnt/tried tightenning them and its still rattling any ideas? i thought i might be missing some rubber bushes but checked with vauxhall parts and there arent any on there. Heres the diagram

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
monkeytwizzel

3rd May 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it off and drive just to sure it is that,if it is tight and the rubbers are there then it should be ok.
gary2097

3rd May 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is that it rattles like hell I wonderred if there were supposed to be bushes between the bar and beam but it doesnt show any on here and i cant get it out cos its stuck in the beam (too wide to get out the holes) I dont know how to explain it but the bolts are tight but there is a gap between the bar and the beam so the bolts arent actually doing anything
monkeytwizzel

3rd May 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can`t recall anything in there,take the bolts right out and clean off the threads and contact area then with some wd40 refit and hopefully they will do up more.
gary2097

3rd May 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bolts wont go any tighter and wd40 if anything will make it even more loose
Aidan-Fleming

4th May 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a rear stabiliser, does it matter?
daine
Premium Member

5th May 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gary, take the bolts out, put some new one's in and tighten it up until it squashes the axle
against the ARB.. Or take bolt out and put a washer in the gap before you tighten it back up.
DERV-POWER

5th May 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check for corrosion by spring location have seen a few corroded right through
gary2097

5th May 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

washers could work dont think ill be able to tighten the bolts enough to bend the beam its too thick ive got a load of jobs to do on the car in a few weeks so ill jack it up and have a look properly

New Poll