corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been a while.. Z16ler in b advice needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been a while.. Z16ler in b advice needed.
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Apr 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right it's been a while guys, I've got a black sport I'm turning into a track car. I am fitting a complete corsa vxr engine and box. Before any sarky comments I can get the mounts and shafts made to fit. I'm a bit confused about stand alone management I understand they use these engines in kit cars but its a pain sake finding some one who can help fit it. Also where can I get a cage built in Kent area? Thanks guys.
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try contacting ecu manufactures to start with, as the z16let/h engines are fly by wire the simplest way round this is to swap to cable throttle. also speak to engine builders and tunners. simple to fit if you can find a kit. going stand alone means you can do away with alot of the engines sensors and make it simple.
johnny86
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there not away I can keep it fly by wire? It's cost me £1200 for engine mounts and shafts to be made so don't mind bit of extra money to spend.
tobyc20xe

8th Apr 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fly by wire is fucking shit! do away with it at all cost's,nothing but shit throttle response also if you off and on the throttle it get's comfussed.
johnny86
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers mate, what's the best way to get rid of it?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x18xe throttle body conversion iirc
johnny86
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate and that will fit on to the vxr engine?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ive got the correct engine then yes

but im probably wrong
tobyc20xe

9th Apr 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
x18xe throttle body conversion iirc

this! the x18xe is aslo a small block engine and cabel throttle so could be used. were as the Z18xe was fly by wire.

pritty sure the x18xe1 or L i think it is was aslo a small block engine you can use the throttle body off to.

i remenber a few years back on here a lad had a white B and he did this engine conversion,maybe spend some time looking for it in project's.

Robin
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X18XE1 is small block, X18XE is not

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been a while.. Z16ler in b advice needed. 22 database queries in 0.0123041 seconds