corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Xbox One

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xbox One
Bart

User status: Offline
9th Apr 13 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
The license thing WILL happen. The second hand gaming industry aka trade ins has crippled the gaming industry as has piracy etc.

Im sorry, but I disagree with that statement.
The public at large, have been driven to piracy by the extortionate prices the manufacturers are selling the games for, they have brought this on themselves.

The same goes for the movie industry, much lower (affordable) prices and a unified, worldwide release would solve so many issues.
Jambo

9th Apr 13 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driven to piracy?!

Games a cheaper now than when they where on the SNES. I remember paying £65 for Donkey Kong on the SNES! They haven't brought anything on themselves, games don't make themselves.

If you think that £40 is too much so you steal it, then you need to have a word with yourself.

The thing is the lower prices would mean jack shit, because if they where £20 people would still steal it. Just because the Internet was invented does not justify the fraud and piracy that has ensued and trying to hide under a thin veil of well it is too expensive is just selfish as it is laughable.

Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
The public at large, have been driven to piracy by the extortionate prices the manufacturers are selling the games for, they have brought this on themselves.
STFU!

Stop trying to justify being a thief.
Don't like the price? Don't buy the product. Super simple stuff.

I can't blame Microsoft or anyone for doing their best to fight piracy in ways like this. Game developers haven't brought piracy on to them selves, gamers have brought measures like "always on" on to them selves. TBH IMO AFAIK ETC

Jambo

9th Apr 13 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Bart that was from someone at Konami who is in the know. As I said, it WILL happen, or at least a version of it
Nath

9th Apr 13 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
The license thing WILL happen. The second hand gaming industry aka trade ins has crippled the gaming industry as has piracy etc.

Im sorry, but I disagree with that statement.

The same goes for the movie industry, much lower (affordable) prices and a unified, worldwide release would solve so many issues.

Great logic. I want that Ferrari but it costs too much. I'll just go steal it instead. That'll teach 'em.
jacko198

9th Apr 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No backwards compatability

Using an AMD processor

That’s both a blessing and a curse – this PC-like processor means that it will be very easy for game developers to create games for Xbox 720, PS4 and PC in one go. It’s also however nothing like the architecture inside the current Xbox 360, meaning, yep, your Xbox 360 games will not run on it.

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/more-xbox-720-details-leak-out-sorry-no-backwards-compatibility
Brett
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well, I'll get over it.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
your Xbox 360 games will not run on it.
If you have Xbox 360 games, will you not have an Xbox 360 anyway?

Y869 SRA

9th Apr 13 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, I'll just keep my 360 then
Eck
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 06:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't cry when I didn't have backwards compatibility on my PS3 and I won't be crying with the 720
I was ready to write a response to bart's absurd logic but everyone else has done that for me Games are too expensive so I steal them
XSIHardy

10th Apr 13 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the PS4 conference again, I love my 360 mainly because all my friends are on that platform. But all this hush hush isn't doing them any favours because I'm getting really hyped for the PS4 now. There going to have to come out with some thing really big to make me want to go out and buy one.
A2H GO

11th Apr 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/9980843/Microsoft-plans-new-Xbox-event-for-21-May.html
XSIHardy

11th Apr 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen Go Go cheers not to impressed with this either : http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/next-xbox-will-reportedly-integrate-broadcast-tv-feeds
fir3vip3r

25th Apr 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21st may for details. I hope for their sake they've concentrated on more than kinect and "social" features.

I dont understand the backwards compatability issue ive never felt the want or need to play games on a newer console. If I wanted to play games for the old console id get the old console out.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah backwards compatible bothers me exactly zero

seems to be fanboys that want to use any trivial argument they can to say one thing is better than the other
oceansoul

25th Apr 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
I dont understand the backwards compatability issue ive never felt the want or need to play games on a newer console. If I wanted to play games for the old console id get the old console out.

Exactly.
NES games didnt work on SNES.
Master System games didnt work on Mega Drive.
Saturn Games didnt work on Dreamcast.
N64 Games didnt work on Game Cube. etc etc

Not sure why theres all this fuss over back ward compatabiliy.

EDIT: With the exception of emulators etc that could run older game carts

[Edited on 25-04-2013 by oceansoul]
alan-g-w

27th Apr 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those arguments are kind of invalid since they all used different formats - from the PS1 to present day all the discs have been the same shape and size. Unless there's something to do with the technology stopping the companies from being able to make the consoles backwards compatible (ie. physically unable or not financially viable) it seems a bit cynical to me. I understand how business works and why they do it this way but I've always thought it'd be great to have a PS3/ X720 that could play every single game from the PS1/ X720 forward. Save fucking about with setting shit up every time
Nic Barnes

28th Apr 13 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only games I ever wanted to go back and re-play after I got a ps3 which were ps2 games were the grand theft auto games. I ended up buying San Andreas as a download on Xbox. Other than that, I'd rather play newer games making use of the newer device.

Quite looking forward to the new Xbox though.
Marc

28th Apr 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be buying one anytime soon. I bought my XBox for £165 when it came with Sega GT and that shite music game, console must have been out just over a year at this point. Never really got on with it. Sega GT was terrible, as was Doom3. Only PGR was any good imo.

Bought my Elite for £135 (with vouchers) after it had been out 4 years. Bought Bioshock, FalloutNV, Left for Dead and Sherlock Holmes Bought it mainly for Bioshock and the fact it was £135!

Think my priorities have changed as I certainly won't be forking out £200+ for one!

As for the backwards compatibility - PS2 had it, only one PS3 had it and the 360 played selected games. However, when I got my PS2 I always intended to play GT2 as it had cars and track that were not on GT3. Never played a PS1 game after getting the PS2!..
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The type of people that care about backwards compatibility are the types that buy games from car boot sales

[Edited on 28-04-2013 by Steve]
alan-g-w

28th Apr 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. The type of guy that cares bout backwards compatibility is me, who likes to play the games that were intended for the console 99% of the time but would like the knowledge that if I ever fancied a bit of old skool action it wouldn't mean going up in the loft, sorting cables and having to find new plug sockets for shit.

I swear to fuck there are some amount of contrarians on this site. End of the day if it was announced tomorrow that the PS4 and X720 were backwards compatible with all applicable CD ROM games you'd all be quite happy. The question I'm asking is why not?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your the type of guy that hangs around in his brothers trackies imo
Nic Barnes

28th Apr 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Your the type of guy that hangs around in his brothers trackies imo
youre the kind of guy whos parents were born twins
Nath

28th Apr 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote: