corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple iWatch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple iWatch
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Mar 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/04/apple_iwatch_rumor_roundup/http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/04/apple_iwatch_rumor_roundup/

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/4/4062448/apple-watch-will-run-ios-and-arrive-later-this-year-say-sources

Rumour mill is in overdrive for the iWatch, so what's everyone's thoughts?

I suspect it's going to be similar to Xperia Smartwatch and the plethora of other 'smart' watches already out there, albeit it having an Apple logo, running iOS (seems bizarre to run iOS considering the power constraints of a watch) and as someone pointed out on The Register, a lawsuit to other watch makers
Bart

5th Mar 13 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been following this for a couple of months.
Apple seriously need to keep pushing forward and look at exploring other markets, otherwise I think their share prices will continue to slump.

The watch and TV seems more likely.
Id be really interested to see a TV, but not so much a watch.

I think a Watch would be more widely adopted by users (being much more affordable by more people).

Will be interested to see what happens.
A2H GO

5th Mar 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the current implementations of a 'smart' watch are terrible so there's a real market for a decent one.

It wil be no more a watch than an iPhone is a phone, more of a wearable computer, a competitor to Google Glass.

If it lasts a day, maybe a day and a half I'd say thats sufficient, lots of reports saying battery life is their biggest challenge in releasing this year.
Dom

5th Mar 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
All the current implementations of a 'smart' watch are terrible so there's a real market for a decent one.

It wil be no more a watch than an iPhone is a phone, more of a wearable computer, a competitor to Google Glass.

So basically what i said, it'll be a Xperia Smartwatch with an Apple logo

A2H GO

5th Mar 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I doubt they'll bring one out that just tells the time.

Can already see the headlines:

The all new Samsung Galaxy Note S-Watch*

*right after we see what Apple does.
Dom

5th Mar 13 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I doubt they'll bring one out that just tells the time.

Can already see the headlines:

The all new Samsung Galaxy Note S-Watch*

*right after we see what Apple does.

When did i mentioned Samsung?
And the Xperia doesn't 'just tells the time', just like the Pebble doesn't 'just tells the time' - both are capable of running standalone 'apps'.

The iWatch is going to be nothing different, how can it be?

And a days battery usage would be horrendous. Xperia Smartwatch is 4 days and the pebble is between 5-7 days; the iWatch would have to at least match that.
A2H GO

5th Mar 13 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didn't the Samsung comment was unrelated to your post, more of an obsevation as to what will likely happen based on past experience.

Xperia and Pebble are crap though, so their battery life is incomparable, one doesn't even have a colour screen. Since compromise always has to be made with battery life, I'd rather a decent produt with a day/day and a half battery (the same as todays phones) than a shit one that lasts a week.

Obvioulsy a decent one that lasts a week would be ideal but it would be unrealistic to expect that.

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by A2H GO]
Dom

5th Mar 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Xperia and Pebble are crap though....

No doubt you haven't used either, as usual, but the Pebble is crap because it isn't colour and the Xperia is crap because???

Not going to argue in that all the hardware of the iWatch will be put in a decent designed case and, if the rumour are true, the curved screen will be pretty 'cool' but i can happily tell you, in terms of functionality, the iWatch won't be dissimilar to what is already on the market due to hardware limitations eg - in screen size (ie: it'll be similar to a Nano G6), processing and battery power and the use of an extremely cut down version of iOS (source of their current battery consumption problems; 1 day isn't reasonable!!).

Why do you believe the iWatch will be better than smart app-based watches that already exist on the market?
A2H GO

5th Mar 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said iWatch will be better than what's currently out there, just said there's a market for something decent regardless of manufacturer. The recent images of the 'concept' google watch look really nice for example.

Pebble looks like this centurys calculator watch and Xperia watch has been around for 12 months, yet I had to google to find out what it is. If it was half decent at least one geek in the office would have one (plus it runs android ).

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by A2H GO]

New Poll