corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » SSD for desktop gaming PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SSD for desktop gaming PC
Aaron

User status: Offline
16th Feb 13 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I built a gaming PC not so long back. Every component of my old PC was upgraded apart from the case (no need to) and the hard drive.

i get the feeling that the hard drive in my new PC is the weak link (not only by the 5.9 score from Windows 7 which is directly associated with the hard drive write speed, but just it's general performance now and then)

Anyway, i know nothing about SSD's, so i aren't sure if the drive in the link below is any good for me:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-161-SA

For all i know, that drive could be for a laptop only....that sums up my knowledge of hardware at this level.

Any pointers?

I dont need a massive amount of space tbh. I Windows and a few large ish games will be running from the SSD, and i'll be installing another OS onto another drive for regular use of the PC (so all my other software will be loaded onto that)

[Edited on 16-02-2013 by Aaron]
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Feb 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've recently bought a 120GB SSD for my desktop for similar reasons to you. You can use it with a desktop no problems, but because it'll be 2.5" form factor you'll need some mounting brackets to fit it in the normal 3.5" bay. They should only be about a fiver.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Sam
Premium Member

16th Feb 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've personally used Crucial and Samsung SSDs, I prefer the Samsung over the Crucial (I also got a free copy of Norton Ghost with the Samsung too).
LeeM

16th Feb 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what ive read the 830 is better than the 840, 840 pro beats them both. ive got a 128gb 830 and its great

New Poll