corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Only google and Xbox works with internet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Only google and Xbox works with internet
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Feb 13 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Earlier today my sky router stopped working through wifi. My Xbox works fine through an Ethernet cable but neither my mrs or I get any access on our phones, except strangely enough to the google homepage Any ideas?

[Edited on 11-02-2013 by Eck]
Brett
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you can still connect to the wifi as such but it's giving page errors to everything apart from google?
Eck
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically
pow
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reboot the router is the first thing I'd try

I've recently had a shitty netgear router give up allowing clients to associate to the wireless on it, it was only serving an office of 4 though so I just banged an access point onto the network!
Eck
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've reset it umpteen times Turns out even when wired, my computer won't load anything but google
To summarise, the fucker will load google, can use the search engine but can't open anything else. Xbox works as it should too
_Allan_

11th Feb 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My O2 router did this, flashed it and factory reset it. Made no odds. Just called them up and got a new one off them.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the router is fucked too Pain in the cunt. Might go get one of my old ones and try that.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now it seems that I'm having the same problem as this fella:
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-help/45576-some-websites-not-loading-timing-out.html

Anyone have any ideas? Sky were useless when I called
deano87

11th Feb 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure you've not got some kind of DNS outage in the area? How long has it been going on for?
Brett
Premium Member

11th Feb 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need to drop kick it and try again mate
pow
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try changing your computers' DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Eck
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop kick sounds good to me
The router settings on the computer or the computer itself?
pow
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Computer itself to start with

New Poll