corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pipercross filter on Rocker Breather Pipe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pipercross filter on Rocker Breather Pipe
blebo

User status: Offline
5th May 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right heres the story so far.....

Car: Corsa 1.2 SXI 99 T- Reg 103K miles

My car seems to judder a lot when accelerating and slowing down and after some reasearch I discovered that the most common problem was the breather pipes being clogged. i checked the pipes this weekend and surprise surprise full of yellow oily goo. I follwed the pipes to the air intake and noticed that the butterfly also had a nice coating of goo as well so..

Heres the plan.

I have ordered two new pipes (the large pre butterfly and small post butterfly) and will replace them except I am going to connect the lager one to a pipercross filter rather than the air intake which I am going to seal. i am then going to run carb cleaner through the butterfly and give it a good clean.

Question

Will this work okay..... I have been reading about the "breather Mod" but I dont think I will have to get the drill out as it is only a 1.2!!

Will I need a cathcment tank or will the filter be fine without one (again it is nly a small engine)

should I be doing anything else to the engine whilst I am doing this at the weekend

Cheers

Blebo
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it you dont use a catchment tank it will piss oil over your engine.

you say yellow goo? take off your oil filler cap and see if it has it there too?
blebo

5th May 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing on the oil cap, jsut in the breather tube.

Really dont want to add a catchment tank unless I have to..... will It really have that much pressure??
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kule, as for the pressure, well its nothing fantastic, my mate has a breather filter on his clio and only a tiny amount of oil comes out of it and its been on for ages.
if you can live with wiping it periodically then its fine.
blebo

5th May 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THats my weekend sorted then!!

Cheers

New Poll