corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 60" TV, help me chose which one.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 60" TV, help me chose which one.
kennySRi

User status: Offline
8th Feb 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been reading about that TV and i don't think you can take the stand off
kennySRi

8th Feb 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst searching if the stand does remove, which i still don't know. I came across a thread on the avforum and somebody had the same question and budget as me and he's been recommended the LG 3d plasma for £1k (http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/60pm670t/lg-60pm670t)

Really stuck on what to do, how much difference in the picture will the plasma and LED be? I know LG might not be as reliable but Richer Sounds offers 5 year guarantees anyway
Balling
Premium Member

8th Feb 13 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to see them for your self and decide which you prefer.

Balling
Premium Member

8th Feb 13 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the difference can be pretty massive.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

8th Feb 13 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3d is poo
HD is so much better

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Nismo

8th Feb 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in your exact position, i am after a 60" going from 42" LG Plasma.

I am going to stick with Plasma i expect as all we watch is films.

I have not decided yet what i want though, but my budget is around the 1K mark.
kennySRi

8th Feb 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you're right Balling. I'm going to go to my local richer sounds store as they have both in, they're helpful guys so hopefully they'll show me them both in detail
CORSA NUT

8th Feb 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered a 47" LG LCD HD Smart 3D TV for £650

Sold my 5 year old 50" LG plasma for £200. Looking forward to the TV not getting so hot it actually heats the room up when the heatings off

Haven't even seen the picture the new TV gives off just ordered it
kennySRi

13th Feb 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a tv today

Went to Richer sounds to view the two 60" models that i wanted and they didnt have them in and said that they won't be doing as the new lines come out in March. So i popped over to Currys and they had the Samsung LED there but i wanst impressed with it, they have used the older tv units to build them so they're as thick as a plasma and didnt look right at all. They had an LG 3D LED tv on sale as they were the last ones, however it was only a 55". Had a proper look at it and i was really impressed with everything about it so bought it. Really nice slim black frame and has full internet browse on it and everything really.

I wanted a 60" 3D LED tv and one of those 3 things had to give so i think i made the right decision. I havnt set it out in my room yet but it's sat downstairs plugged in and it looks good so far. I'll report back once i've got it in my room and all set up Currently downloading some 3D films to test it out
kennySRi

13th Feb 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-55lm640t-full-hd-55-led-3d-tv-16767968-pdt.html

Was this TV by the way. Also downloaded an app for my phone so i can use the internet with it instead of spending £50 on a remote thing for it

Just read the reviews and sounds like the picture is well recommended but they say there isnt any audio outs so i'll have to link everything up to my amp which is a bit of a pain but oh well.
NovaGTE2

15th Feb 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What app is that; I have the same TV in 46" and was goig to buy a dongle for it; but if theres a cheaper way?
kennySRi

15th Feb 13 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put in LG tv remote and it came up straight away and was free. Saves spending £50 or so on the proper thing

Im well impressed on how much you can do on the tv. Can also put my hard drive in without the media player and is a much better lay out on the tv so that's another bonus.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll